Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Daedal

sparks said:
[quote author=Daedal link=1193705297/165#172 date=1196654449]Thank you very much Sparks... you are too kind. :)

--DDL

DDL,

Now, how can I do it? Can you set up your google pay page just to order the "salvage" only without the diode? I'll send you another $15 if you can.

Steve[/quote]

I will set it up on a separate page... thank you very much again :)

--DDL

Daedal

busterhax said:
so i take it the non salvage, just diode went out today possibly?

They should have... :'(

The day job's been killing me :-[

--DDL

Re: DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

DDL -- Thanks for the update -- I'm not so blu anymore :D

Mike

WahHK

I just checked the google account and got the tracking number :D :D
Thank you Daedal !

disma

Got the diodes!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks DDL! :)

Max

Nice, just got mine today. Question though, there's a second lens included with the case. Is it an alternative lens to use instead of the original one or something else?

Got the lens assemblies. Thanks for the fast shipping!

got my blu-ray diode today. Thank you so much.

Daedal

Sawt al Hurriyah said:
How many diodes have shipped out? :-? I guess only the ones without harvesting? I am not really in a rush to get my diode, but just curious! ;)

All have been harvested, all have been packaged, all are ready and all that good stuff (except for the complete units). I had a problem with my card when I was buying the postage online, and had it cleared yesterday (finally), and so the rest of the packages will ship out either this afternoon or Monday. :)

Everyone should get a tracking number in the e-mail they gave me once their package ships out. If you watch out for that, you'll know exactly when things are happening ;)

--DDL

Daedal

Daedal said:
[quote author=sparks link=1193705297/165#176 date=1196704835][quote author=Daedal link=1193705297/165#172 date=1196654449]Thank you very much Sparks... you are too kind. :)

--DDL

DDL,

Now, how can I do it? Can you set up your google pay page just to order the "salvage" only without the diode? I'll send you another $15 if you can.

Steve[/quote]

I will set it up on a separate page... thank you very much again :)

--DDL[/quote]

Now you can get "STARRED!" ;)

[smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

--DDL

Nice. I have two questions, the first I already asked because I wasn't expecting the extra lens. The second is, what method did you find to be the most effective at removing the diode safely, DDL? I've removed the housing for it without any damage, and right now, I'm tempted to use a Dremel to cut bits of the casing off in really small portions until it comes out.

SamuraiSmm said:
Nice.  I have two questions, the first I already asked because I wasn't expecting the extra lens.  The second is, what method did you find to be the most effective at removing the diode safely, DDL?  I've removed the housing for it without any damage, and right now, I'm tempted to use a Dremel to cut bits of the casing off in really small portions until it comes out.

I'd like to know what the extra lens is for too...

I removed the diode by grabbing each end of the detached heat sink assy. with a pair of pliers and twisting back and forth in opposite directions.. The diode fell right out. I read of that technique in Catdog's DIY blu-ray torch/pointer thread. Works for me!