Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does Reputation dissapear over time?

What would be the purpose of such invisible +rep? Isn't part of the point of the rep system to allow the public and other members to see your contributions?

Trevor

What would be the purpose of such invisible +rep? Isn't part of the point of the rep system to allow the public and other members to see your contributions?

There's not really a purpose per se; vBulletin just doesn't show them because there's no longer a post to link to.

Trevor

Last edited:

kilter

I am slowly building my rep back up again. I use to have negative 5 rep, but I'm trying. The rep is going up really slowly now even though people are repping me. Is this suppose to happen since I had neg rep before? I kinda deserved it for necroposting. Didn't know about then :( I'm trying now though.

Well remember that gray rep has no point value, only green rep has positive points. Other than that, I'm not sure :thinking:

Trevor

When you give someone a +rep, it gives them the number of points of your rep power.

So, five reps of people with 20 rep power are equal to one rep of someone with 100 rep power.

Every 100 points you gain, you get 1 rep power.

You may be getting a lot of +reps, but if the people who repped you have low rep power, you may not see your rep power grow.

When you get a -rep, it takes a number of points away from you equal to half of the rep power of the person giving the -rep, so if the person that -repped you had a high rep power, it will take many reps from people with low rep power to repair it.

I think there was a thread on this somewhere, but I forgot where it was. :D

Trevor

I remember there is one on this too, somewhere in the piles of threads in LPF... :p

Post counts add to rep power too. Don't recall exact values, but IIRC its +1 rep power / 100 posts. Dunno.

Trevor

Post counts add to rep power too. Don't recall exact values, but IIRC its +1 rep power / 100 posts. Dunno.

250, actually. :)

rep_power = int( rep_points / 100 ) + int( post_count / 250 ) + years_member + 1

Woohooo, math. :tinfoil:

Trevor

Last edited:

Trevor

But don't new members get 1 rep at post #100?

I dunno... it's been a while.

That formula is accurate to the best of my knowledge, but I'll see if I can figure out if it's incorrect for members below a certain post count.

EDIT: Yep, off by one. You get 1 rep power automatically at 50 posts. :)

Trevor

Last edited:

Trevor

Yep, that's correct! I gained one when I hit 4,000.

Good catch on the +1 at 50 posts. :beer:

Trevor

Well thanks to all ppl I've most definately got it worked out on how it works from my original start thread
( still went backwards that last rep i got lol) cheers