Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does LPF needs a new machinist?

Does LPF need a new machinist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diachi

of course i shall remove Sinner's picture in the next few days when i get my pic s ready!!!

thanks for the advice... Diachi

picture of a Cypreus XL coming up!!

Thanks Joker i'll take your offer on it.

For sure! Nothing wrong with using Sinner's pictures in the meantime, but it would be good to see what you're actually making! Looking forward to seeing your pictures :)

I agree with everyone else - another machinist is always good - perhaps you can bring some new ideas to the table! :D

Thanks

right now i'm building a prototype of his host and make adjustment....it's pain when there are no samples around...

if i have a Sample( Sinner's host) production would be a breeze...

They don't have to be identical, just make a good host and you will sell them.

Alan

Looks like you're getting things together Isaac, good job so far :beer:

I'll be following your posts to see what you're making, might be interesting in a host for a 4W+ build I've been meaning to work on for a while.

Reactions: GSS
Who did the anodized colored hosts? I really miss those. I lost my grenade host an at outdoor event!

Who did the anodized colored hosts? I really miss those. I lost my grenade host an at outdoor event!

i'm surprise the fed haven't knock on your door....those poor soul at the event
!!!:D

it was Mrcrouse who machine them if i remember correctly.

i can make a replica but i won't!!! Australia are very strict!!!

Last edited:
yes mrcrouse. his were my fav. you gotta have colors with lasers I mean cmon.
Yea that poor unlucky person that found my 520. ha
I like how no one voted no. ha

What are your machining capabilities? Do you have a CNC station or just a lathe? Are you open to accepting custom orders?

I'd really love to see another machinist here, I might even get back into handhelds if this takes off.

Can't wait to see where this takes you and the forum. :)

What are your machining capabilities? Do you have a CNC station or just a lathe? Are you open to accepting custom orders?

I'd really love to see another machinist here, I might even get back into handhelds if this takes off.

Can't wait to see where this takes you and the forum. :)

Thanks H20

yes, i'm fully equipped!!

I'm open to custom order...

i will take both CAD file and hand draw stuff.:)

Hi,
as said before yes different color anodizing is a must The same way Ed Crouse did his hosts.And sinners all CU hosts here are a few pics..

Rich:)

Attachments

• IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1557.JPG
    IMG_1557.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 76
Hi,
as said before yes different color anodizing is a must The same way Ed Crouse did his hosts.And sinners all CU hosts here are a few pics..

do you have the dimension of the pen?

knowing the dimension would tremendously help.

thanks lifetime

Hi Isaac,
I can get them for you in a while length and diameter / 12mm module/ set screw.
These came with no set screw so i drilled and tapped for a 4/40 . But being the wall of the host is small i ground down a set screw so it;s flush with the out side of the host. 4/40 set screws only come in 1/8th and i found them in brass to match the CU host..

Hi Isaac,
I can get them for you in a while length and diameter / 12mm module/ set screw.
These came with no set screw so i drilled and tapped for a 4/40 . But being the wall of the host is small i ground down a set screw so it;s flush with the out side of the host. 4/40 set screws only come in 1/8th and i found them in brass to match the CU host..

thanks lifetime...

Dimension and length are all i need...

First batch of host coming soon....

If you can replicate, or get very close to this host that Ehgemus created I will gladly purchase it from you. I am new to this forum but I came here looking for a host to place a 6w NUBM44 diode in. I was extremely disappointed to hear that Ehgemus had stopped creating his hosts because it is hard to find anything like his and I love his designs. The host is (I think) the 12th option down in Ehgemus' last host thread. Ill gladly pay some more for it as well.

"This host holds 2 18650 batteries and a full 12x30mm module of prebuilt DTR module. This host has a place to heatsink the driver and would be good for the higher power build like the new 6W diode. Has a focus ring in front, Clicky switch in back for added safety, and a momentary switch in the side. Host is 10.25" long.

110.00 with free shipping in the U.S.
International buyers add 12.00 "

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/ehgemus/1E58FC15-5EFD-4646-8223-FAE26BC1F2CC_zpss0bkocen.jpg

NKO29

OOH, a new machinist in AUS XD I may get back into building lasers that would be so handy :D I see that you're going to be selling the XXL Cypreus, literally just built one and it'll be up for sale soon :D Best of luck with sales!!!