Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone know what tool they use to screw things in with just a 1/10 inch hole in a heatsink?

I broke into this 505nm laser to replace the driver, but I'm totally unable to get enough leverage on this heatsink with just an iron nail in order to unthread the heatsink from the tube. These kinds of assemblies are really common in Chinese lasers. Does anyone know what tool they use to screw these assemblies together?

IMG_2703.JPG

GSS

Can you show a few more pic's or a link to a similar unit?
You might have to carefully drill a small hole on the other side to have 2 points of turning it. Might have make a gizmo or one of those really pointed pliers from Harbor Freight Tools..

Hi,
If you drill another hole in the sink then you should be able to use a inside or outside retainer ring tool . It will act as a spanner wrench, also if you can apply a little WD-40 around the outer edge of the sink and let it penetrate for a while. If the sink is glued in well heat is the other alternative .
Rich:)

Encap

Hi,
If you drill another hole in the sink then you should be able to use a inside or outside retainer ring tool . It will act as a spanner wrench, also if you can apply a little WD-40 around the outer edge of the sink and let it penetrate for a while. If the sink is glued in well heat is the other alternative .
Rich:)
Beat me to it --just posted almost same thing, now deleted, then saw your post.

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great advice by these guys, especially for occasional use; if you were to do this often, you could also use one of these.

vVnXJ77.jpg