Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone here anodize?

Dozen?! Any pics? You thinking of selling any?

Don't plan on selling any, besides, they are all in Alaska in storage while I am in Iraq. This shows some of them:

output_h9GL4F.gif

Vision

Oh yeah I remember those. I still plan on building that giant arc reactor laser in the near future.

Hi BT,
i am really interested in the powder coating from them Aluminum takes it well. But just imagine a cooper sink with a color, it would take away from the copper shine but the sinking would still be there..
Oh and speaking of Harold i have quite a few of his hosts also, they are nice and there just hanging around..

Rich:)

Hi Arctic,
I watch the video and all i can says awesome i have all the items described , going to try to anodize some aluminum heat sinks

Thanks Rich:)

Hi Arctic,
I watch the video and all i can says awesome i have all the items described , going to try to anodize some aluminum heat sinks

Thanks Rich:)

This is quite good method to "soft" anodizing aluminium. If you need "Hard" anodizing for your parts I suggest to find some professional to do that.

-Harder aluminum alloys may require more Amp's.
-Some dye colors work better than other's.

Some of Dylon Dye's that are known to be good: Ebony Black, Fluorescent Yellow and Forest Green

Always use proper protective gear, goggles, gloves etc
and NEVER ANODIZE ALUMINIUM INDOORS!

:)

PS.
Boil your colored parts at least 1 hour

Last edited:
Hi ,
Ok awesome information pal going to try this out should be great if it works out bring some WL colors to the heat sinks especially the 510 adapters

Rich:)