Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you like fireworks

TY Paul-had flu or bad cold- still congested but feeling better.
dial=up ISP is only getting worse--take forever to get much done here.
heading to MickyDees for free wifi tonight.

vk2fro

The worst cases are when people get a shell with a lift charge attached, but not actually put it in a launching tube so it flies/spins off instead in some random direction across the ground instead of up in the air and then explodes the main charge.

I've seen this happen - it usually ends up resulting in spot fires and more than your usual share of set off car alarms. It can also lead to very serious injury - the bigger shells have quite a bomb inside!

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I've seen this happen - it usually ends up resulting in spot fires and more than your usual share of set off car alarms. It can also lead to very serious injury - the bigger shells have quite a bomb inside!

Nah, the worst case is when a shell detonates at the bottom of the mortar. We had one blow a whole finale rack apart and one guy got part of the rack through his leg.

P.S. I still can't believe the state of Oregon was stupid enough to give ME a pyrotechnician license!

TY Paul-had flu or bad cold- still congested but feeling better.
dial=up ISP is only getting worse--take forever to get much done here.
heading to MickyDees for free wifi tonight.

Sorry to hear that, len. Man....it's bad when you have to go to a burger joint to get reliable wi-fi. Hope you are well soon.

TY for the kind words Paul--w/ so many vets having health issues of late I cannot complain much about mine.
New sign on the wall here:

LOVIN'
every second.
NO LOITERING
PLEASE

Time Limit:
30 MINJUTES
Wile consuming food

But I asked the manager and it will only be enforced on trouble makers etc.. not me. Its a 24 hrs McD and homeless like to hang here for HOURS and buy very little... so.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Len, glad to see that they're not bothering you, at least not yet anyway; they may even be glad to have someone like you there at night! ;)

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, hang in there! :yh:

Last edited: