Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dna sequencer --- SOLD

Hey guys there is a dna sequencer that is for sale close to were i live. The guy that is selling it wants 150 dollars for it. The catch is you have to pick it up he will not ship. The thing weighs 350 lbs I am posting this for him in hope that some will buy it.. pm me for further details. More than likely it has a single line argon in it

EDIT-----

I have this unit sold but I am on the look out for more of these I will be posting when I get some information to post.

Last edited:

Re: dna sequencer

It's a lot of fun tearing down those DNA sequencers. You get a nice argon laser with power supply, usually a nice cooling system with radiator that can be used with CO2 lasers, some good optics, and a whole bunch of aluminum for recycling. It's a good opportunity to buy if you are local but you do need a pickup truck and a couple of friends to lift it safely.

daguin

Do you know what make and model it is?
It may even be a very good multi-line argon in there :D

Peace,
dave

jdawg

I thought sequencers ran in the hundreds of thousands to million+?

I got my ML argon out of an Applied Biosystems DNA Stretch Sequencer, I think the name was. Most of the bigger Applied Biosystems have multilines in them. Heavy as all get out, thankfully I had an electric "stair climber" to use- heavy duty thing used to get heavy equipment into trucks/up stairs.

daguin

I thought sequencers ran in the hundreds of thousands to million+?

Depending on the make and model, this probably cost around $38,000 ;)

Once they are in the salvage market, they are worth "whatever the traffic will bear"

I have never paid more than $250 for one that I salvaged the laser out of :D

Peace,
dave

Depending on the make and model, this probably cost around $38,000 ;)

Once they are in the salvage market, they are worth "whatever the traffic will bear"

I have never paid more than $250 for one that I salvaged the laser out of :D

Peace,
dave

Exactly. They are so heavy and big, people would rather just about give them away then try to do something with them. The one I got was from a teacher, who got them from a local university or something. Paid 80$ for it :D

daguin

Why do you not want this?
If I pay for it, will you remove the laser and PSU to ship them to me?
You can make some cash from recycling the aluminum and from selling the other stuff (fan, pump, radiator, etc.).
If you are willing to do some stripping, the copper adds up too.
Or maybe your friend would like to work this out with me instead?
The 7700 has more scrap in it than the model 377 that I usually get

Peace,
dave

daguin if you want to pay for it I will get it and strip the laser out for you. You will have to pay for the shipping as well but I would do it cost rock bottom is 125 the reason for me not getting it is I dont have a 125 dollars I can spend on it. I am still unemployed and struggling to find a job so!

It is pick up only so I would have to ship the whole unit to you. and that would be freight! it weights 325lbs but I can do it if you want! I have some one that can go pick up the thing and if I can give him some gas money have it brought to me!

daguin

It is pick up only so I would have to ship the whole unit to you. and that would be freight! it weights 325lbs but I can do it if you want! I have some one that can go pick up the thing and if I can give him some gas money have it brought to me!

The laser alone is not worth shipping the entire unit.
That is one of the reasons these go for cheap.
Shipping just the laser and PSU is worth it ;)
I'll pop you a PM

This will fill an afternoon and get you a bit of cash as well

Peace,
dave