Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Sonar

Wickedlasers used to sell them a while ago, and someone (murudai?) had a group buy for them going on perhaps a month ago. As for now, I really don't know.

Maybe consider to post a WTB thread in the buy/sell/trade section, so that many members can see your post. Someone must have one of them. :)

Switch

What? Nah... People who have phr's in sonar cases saw the sonar's ridiculous price of $2000 and said "what a sweet host this will be after I rip it appart, 2000 bucks is worth it" ;D

daguin

Switch said:
What? Nah... People who have phr's in sonar cases saw the sonar's ridiculous price of $2000 and said "what a sweet host this will be after I rip it appart, 2000 bucks is worth it" ;D

You have to suffer for your art.

Peace,
dave

ill sell you my completed sonar for 175$. its got a lava drive @ 180ma outputing 160mw with a diode from a phr sled. ;Di just finished my dilda bluray build so im probably not gonna use it much anymore.

drew said:
ill sell you my completed sonar for 175$. its got a lava drive @ 180ma outputing 160mw with a diode from a phr sled. ;Di just finished my dilda bluray build so im probably not gonna use it much anymore.

i'd say thats a good deal compared to wickedlaser's $2000 for 60mW, lol ;D

Yeah that's a good deal compared to any site. But that's just it I have a working laser module, I just need a host.

I think one of the reasons WL is popular with noobs is cause they really do have some nice looking lasers. I like how the Sonar case has the blu-ray logo on it. :) You have to admit that's pretty cool. :cool:

Yeah it is a very nice little host. I am actually interested in making another just with an open can configuration (blasphemy!? :)). Yet as the previous posters pointed out, it seems that WL isn't selling them anymore. Maybe they got wind, that someone could actually make a working laser out of them. ::) The damn threads and even the interior was anodized on mine, took a lot of filing to get it to work properly...not to mention the difficulty of building it without the time and effort dark_horse put into the modules.

Good luck with your search, if you find a source of them please let us know.

Thanks
brtaman

PS: So the 300mw mistake bit the dust daguin? RIP :-/ How much time would you say it lasted?

He could always "accidently" leave a 300mA driver on his desk again...

I would make one in that host without a thought if they didn't have the WL logo on it. I could always get someone to do custom lathe work if I wanted too... Would be a little pricey though. I like the plastic looking thing that are on the newer models. WL has such good looking products, even if the insides suck.