Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY glow board?

Snort it. Everything starts to glow.

That caused me to snort. Pretty hard too !
Nothing is glowing for me. But my head hurts...

Yeah lol anyways these are all great ideas (except the snorting part)

next week I should receive my 405nm from dinodirect, im excited, I might just try and make one, if that totally completely, epically fails and sucks.. then maybe just maybe will I buy a fancy glow board from' teh Iternetz?' :D

I kind of hope my diode is more of the +10 of 405nm so I can see it better . rather then a -10 cause id enjoy seeing a cool beam at night if i am lucky.

I have a nice posterboard, about 2.5x2 feet. I used 2 bottles of Glow in the dark fabric paint and spreaded it with my hands. Works great! If you leave your lights on and put something complicated on it (Ipod with earbuds, screws and nails, pencils) and then turn the light off, the "shadow" effect it has is BEAUTIFUL!

Also it is reactive to 405nm and 445nm. SLIGHTLY but still reactive to 532nm.

i posted this pic in another section... it is a shirt i made with gitd screen print ink. its not me in the pic btw. and it was lit up with my 440mw 445nm.

and about the glow powder question... you mix it in with liquids... gels, creams, paints, clear coats etc...

33437d1309555309-glow-dark-shadow-lol-nam.jpg

Last edited:
So I just bought some glow in the dark paint from walmart and my gf and I painted in on a poster board its pretty awesome using my blu-ray laser on it, I mean it works really well, but not as good as some of the professional laser boards out there. maybe ill show some pics one day .

^^^^^ the more coats of paint you use, the better your results will be. it's like sticking a magnet on a piece of sheet metal or a thick chunk of metal, which one will the magnet stick to better.

michael.

you realized it, but did you do it?? not being sarcastic but what kind of results are you trying to accomplish??

the shirt i posted in post 36 was 2 coats of thick gitd screen print ink. the image only lasts about 5mns. if that helps with reference.

michael.

you realized it, but did you do it?? not being sarcastic but what kind of results are you trying to accomplish??

the shirt i posted in post 36 was 2 coats of thick gitd screen print ink. the image only lasts about 5mns. if that helps with reference.

michael.

I mean yes i realized that and I did do it, i painted a single layer, gave it about 5 minutes to dry then recoated additional layers, I did this about 6 times, but now that i think about it i still have half the bottle left maybe i could put a few more layers and see where it gets me. thanks for your input

mirror plus motor.

add another and you have a spirograph

Last edited:
Dude.. you have three posts.. and every one of them is just spam for your glowboards.. Enough already.

Also, those are pretty crappy considering you can see all the brushmarks on it...pretty sure anyone in their right mind would rather have a sheet of GITD of some sort than your garbage. Looks like the lame one I made before.

30 dollars...LMFAO.