Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY aixiz module

Seriously - use the edit button on the bottom of each of your comments to add content instead of replying inline. It spams the forum with notifications that those who have them set up to email etc could really do without.

The best US source of 12mm modules is DTR. In the EU, DTR's fine. I'm in the UK and have ordered multiple times from his shop - in general it's taken 2-3 days to dispatch then anywhere from 3-6 days to get to me in the UK. OdicForce in the UK have got 12mm modules in stock too - they may get to you a couple of days faster than those from Jordan (DTR), but his have an all-copper option, and there are solid-back options to give better heatsinking.

First.... DTR is a reputable seller and has shown to be
top notch over the years.. to insinuate that DTR is a
scam will not endear you to the members here.

You should already know this since you have been a
member here since 2013.:unsure:

If your main concern is not quality and you want even
cheaper... get an old brass bolt and drill a hole the size
of the LD you want to use.o_O

Second.... I would suggest that you STOP Quadruple, Triple
and Double posting.
It is considered bad Forum etiquette and is frowned upon.
It is easy to EDIT and ADD to your previous Posts by clicking
the [EDIT] button at the bottom left of any of your posts.

Jerry

-well i'm sorry about the double posting. it's something i am not aware off.
i don't go on forums alot. but i guess by now that is pretty obvious.
i'll learn though.

-i had a question in 2013 and made an account..
i got or found the help i needed. and that's that.
it's only now. this year that i am actually starting to get into the hobby.
i have multiple lasers. building my first engraver now.
planning to atleast buy a k40 soon.

but up untill this year. i was just a guy who had a green laser pointer in his drawer somewhere.

-i am actually just making my own laser module while i wait for the shipping of one that i ordered.. (still not the copper one. you'd pick copper for it's extreme thermal propperty's but i doubt this diode of mine will need much cooling at all. so no need to pay premium for it.)
i ordered a module with a glass lens for 6 euro's
and 2 modules with an acryllic lens for 2.50 each.
sadly it will take 2 weeks to arrive. and that's why i am building my own.

though it's not that easy.
with the lenses i have. by the time the lens is far enoegh away from the diode to produce a focusses dot. there is a huge gap and half the laser light is spread out wider then the lens diameter.

Seriously - use the edit button on the bottom of each of your comments to add content instead of replying inline. It spams the forum with notifications that those who have them set up to email etc could really do without.

The best US source of 12mm modules is DTR. In the EU, DTR's fine. I'm in the UK and have ordered multiple times from his shop - in general it's taken 2-3 days to dispatch then anywhere from 3-6 days to get to me in the UK. OdicForce in the UK have got 12mm modules in stock too - they may get to you a couple of days faster than those from Jordan (DTR), but his have an all-copper option, and there are solid-back options to give better heatsinking.

yeah like i said. i'm learning.

and thanks for the tip. i'll keep that in mind.
i'll deffinatly buy a dtr for when i move up to a 1.8 or 2w diode

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
dark racer, when you get to DTR's module page, click on any of the different module options, and a picture of that module ought to come up.
I'm on my tablet now, and when I touch the options, a picture comes up right away.

dark racer, when you get to DTR's module page, click on any of the different module options, and a picture of that module ought to come up.
I'm on my tablet now, and when I touch the options, a picture comes up right away.
yeah don't worry. i know they are reputable now. so it doesn't matter anymore.

i only knew sanwu and o-like before today. (and my first laser came from warnlasers back in 2013)

DTR

The https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf was the attempt to go to the new google sites layout which was a cluster and I could not revert back so it links to the classic site version https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop so that may look strange if landing on that page.

On the modules page I don't know why it is not showing you the images. They show fine in Chrome and Firefox but are not displaying in Edge for some reason. Will need to figure that out as most other pictures are showing.

EDIT

Think it is fixed now. Was pulling those pics from another backup version of my site and that was not plying nice with edge for some reason. Should be able to see those images now.

Last edited:
Hi Dark Racer,
Well I guess by now you had a full education about this great forum ( Hopefully ). You get what you pay for and DTR is tops if you want your project to work. I explained to you in post #3 & #8 and everyone here chipped in with great info. Are you getting it yet??

Rich:)

GSS

yeah don't worry. i know they are reputable now. so it doesn't matter anymore.

i only knew sanwu and o-like before today. (and my first laser came from warnlasers back in 2013)
;)Well said, and thanks for understanding:)