Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Distant early warning... 445nm to be banned soon?

Steve at WL emailed me today. He says that Nova dropped out because CNI prices were too high to make a profit. That's all I know. BUT -- I have a few diodes -- YES.........

HMike
It's nice that Steve has time to make comments about Nova, how about Steve stepping up to the plate and making an announcement about HIS Arctic and when it REALLY will ship?

Don't know why they think that CNI's price was too high, take a look at the Endeavor sold by Nova, it's price is high and I'm sure they don't sell too many of them, but never-the-less Nova does offer them for sale.

I'm afraid the Arctic will never hold up to the hype, but I'm sure a CNI based 445nm would be of much higher quality than WL can/will ever produce; Yes Quality cost more and people are willing to pay for quality and that's been proven time after time.

I can't see CNI selling lasers made from diodes extracted from a laser projector, for some reason I just can't see it happening. They seem too professional to do something like that.

Wicked on the other hand will do just about anything and worry about the outcome later. The best example, The Torch.

"what happens if we put a massive bulb into a flashlight that is not meant for a bulb that big?"

"Well, it would probably set paper on fire!"

"Wow! That's Wicked!"

In reality, it just sets your hands on fire and shatters lenses from the insane temperature changes it is exposed to. But they still sell it :/

I would take a 445 from CNI than one from Wicked any day of the week.

"Wow! That's Wicked!"

I C WAT U DID THAR :crackup: :crackup:

Seriously, though, I have a feeling CNI told Nova to stop. After all, they were using CNI hosts and Nova is a CNI reseller.

If they turned out to be a flop potential customers just might avoid CNI altogether.

And another question- why is the NOVA ad hosted by Laserglow?