Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Distance burn explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie923

That is a very good question; is there an analytical solution that takes in any given material's atomic and molecular structure and outputs how much light it would absorb.

AFAIK, such an equation does not and will not exist for some time. For instance, with radio waves longer wavelengths typically have better penetration right? Well that is not so true with water... as a matter of fact shorter wavelengths of light (preferably the visible light spectrum) penetrate better. Many times you need to experimentally determine how a material reacts with light

If we had such an equation, we could've designed non-linear optics for direct-diode yellow lasers years ago!
Thank you!

Howie923

Your 7w zeus has awful divergence unlike a 7w dpss which when operating in TEM00 can produce a nice Gaussian beam needing no more than a good beam expander to reach out and light your flash-paper but the laser diode in your Zeus was designed for pumping phosphor as efficiently as possible but not so much it's coherence length so it's being a multi mode laser diode is ok for it's intended purpose but not great for focusing to a small spot over distance, one axis of your zeus beam diverges much more aggressively than the other making your far field spot in actuality a long bar, that's the 1st thing you must correct for if wishing to obtain a small spot in the far field.

p.s. Always remember to wear your laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with and never allow a laser beam to be directed towards people, windows or vehicles of any kind.
Why
It comes down to power density. A variable beam expander works because it can focus at a distance. Correcting the beam profile with beam shaping optics also helps beams that are not TEM00. See this 13 year old vid.
yea I’ve seen this I get it’s all about getting the beam to that infinity point of focus on ur object. Considering the beam on the Zeus has a 1:10 profile getting a correction cylinder lens would gain me 10x concentration that would equal the same concentration I could get from the beam expander correct just more tolerance?

Howie923

If I’m using an adjustable expander does beam diameter output size matter?

for anyone worried about safety is there any trade offs between 808 to 1064 one legth that’s more reflective than the other just in general the same material?

my assumption is I’m looking for the most power in a circular beam profile. The expander will control my distance. Next it just comes to wavelength. If I get a 1.5w with a beam that 1.5mm and a 3w at 3mm and have a adjustable beam expander is get the same effectiveness correct?

Howie923

Why

yea I’ve seen this I get it’s all about getting the beam to that infinity point of focus on ur object. Considering the beam on the Zeus has a 1:10 profile getting a correction cylinder lens would gain me 10x concentration that would equal the same concentration I could get from the beam expander correct just more tolerance?
I also don’t know why I responded why I think that was a mistake sorry.

Howie923

biglasers. com/product/odin-infrared-ir-laser-808nm-980nm-1064nm/ all these claim to have tem00. is one more reflective and dangerous then another or is it such a difference it wouldn’t matter?

biglasers. com/product/odin-infrared-ir-laser-808nm-980nm-1064nm/ all these claim to have tem00. is one more reflective and dangerous then another or is it such a difference it wouldn’t matter?
Blah blah blah I have a Zeus Genocide 7x Megacum diode want distance pointing for my distance learning, scare my friends Lulzsec. Oooo I’m a crypto baby $$$, I have BFG5000 because I hung like a TicTac, Sell Dog 🐕 coin, Why you no answer my ¿questions? is You 6ix9ine St0opid or You Dumb?

Can an admin please close this thread? I quit reading this forum till I got a random LPForum email to start reading again today and this is the type of garbage thread that gets highlighted in the email and a big reminder why I stopped coming here. Trolls like you Howie923, need to quit asking for help to build your perfect handheld death-rays. Lots of geniuses here, professors, people make a living off of them. If a nobody like you walks up to an physicists and asks, “Hey I want to build my own micro nuclear reactor at home to live off the grid, I know they give off radiation and that it requires uranium but I can’t seem to find the recipe anywhere in the textbooks or on the interwebs on how to power my appliances with it, help me.” Figure it out dude, you’ll be the first to educate us.

Howie923

Blah blah blah I have a Zeus Genocide 7x Megacum diode want distance pointing for my distance learning, scare my friends Lulzsec. Oooo I’m a crypto baby $$$, I have BFG5000 because I hung like a TicTac, Sell Dog 🐕 coin, Why you no answer my ¿questions? is You 6ix9ine St0opid or You Dumb?

Can an admin please close this thread? I quit reading this forum till I got a random LPForum email to start reading again today and this is the type of garbage thread that gets highlighted in the email and a big reminder why I stopped coming here. Trolls like you Howie923, need to quit asking for help to build your perfect handheld death-rays. Lots of geniuses here, professors, people make a living off of them. If a nobody like you walks up to an physicists and asks, “Hey I want to build my own micro nuclear reactor at home to live off the grid, I know they give off radiation and that it requires uranium but I can’t seem to find the recipe anywhere in the textbooks or on the interwebs on how to power my appliances with it, help me.” Figure it out dude, you’ll be the first to educate us.
So you just came here to complain? Your life is that bad? I figured it out. I really should have realized anyone who had the answer wouldn’t be on here. I’m trying to help you guys make money I’m an investor I buy things that you likely can’t get in the future. All I need for the Zeus is the get a single axis correction lens to up its power 10x. The answer to this question wasn’t hard I find it pathetic you couldn’t figure it out.

nmbusa

So you just came here to complain? Your life is that bad? I figured it out. I really should have realized anyone who had the answer wouldn’t be on here. I’m trying to help you guys make money I’m an investor I buy things that you likely can’t get in the future. All I need for the Zeus is the get a single axis correction lens to up its power 10x. The answer to this question wasn’t hard I find it pathetic you couldn’t figure it out.
cheers :coffee:
cheers.JPG

Howie923

If you knew the answer why did you ask the question? :unsure:
I didn’t know the specs on certain diodes and from reading past posts I thought posters were very knowledgeable. Ie how they knew the diode in the Zeus’s and it’s purpose and profile. Being there wasn’t many to choose from I thought a knowledgeable group of enthusiasts would quickly no the answer. In other forums and sites people are happy to share there knowledge and don’t install assume your a clueless troll. I was told wattage doesn’t matter an adjustable beam expander won’t extend my effective range and that wavelength doesn’t matter. I got every reason why it won’t work and a way over depth explanation that basically came down to needing a tem00 beam that I already knew. I figured out from my marine friend about the night vision and over exposure. I’ve read past posts where you guys tell people it’s rude to just make a post and not introduce ur self. What is this a safe zone? The answer to my question wasn’t hard and many know it but I see why they don’t hang out here.

setting records in post habits
do we even have a name for 5 posts in a row??
this is not a chat room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

look what I found...
and there are MORE- I search 'long distance burn..
and BAM this one and more-- reading gave me the de ja vou moment except it was w/ amnesia..''' wow I don't remember this ever happening before'''

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I didn’t know the specs on certain diodes and from reading past posts I thought posters were very knowledgeable. Ie how they knew the diode in the Zeus’s and it’s purpose and profile. Being there wasn’t many to choose from I thought a knowledgeable group of enthusiasts would quickly no the answer. In other forums and sites people are happy to share there knowledge and don’t install assume your a clueless troll. I was told wattage doesn’t matter an adjustable beam expander won’t extend my effective range and that wavelength doesn’t matter. I got every reason why it won’t work and a way over depth explanation that basically came down to needing a tem00 beam that I already knew. I figured out from my marine friend about the night vision and over exposure. I’ve read past posts where you guys tell people it’s rude to just make a post and not introduce ur self. What is this a safe zone? The answer to my question wasn’t hard and many know it but I see why they don’t hang out here.
For goodness sake. Just carry on doing whatever you are doing. As people can’t tell you any better. People didn’t tell you power wasn’t important, people didn’t tell you a beam expander doesn’t extend effective range. And people didn’t say wavelength doesn’t matter at all. Frankly it doesn’t matter how many times I or others explain each part clearly. It never will sink in and you’ll just come back here in x amount of posts time and say we haven’t answered your question or that we told you wrong. If there are any new members interested in the same question please follow the advice given. Doesn’t matter where in the thread you look it’s probably there in front of your face somewhere.

Encap

For goodness sake. Just carry on doing whatever you are doing. As people can’t tell you any better. People didn’t tell you power wasn’t important, people didn’t tell you a beam expander doesn’t extend effective range. And people didn’t say wavelength doesn’t matter at all. Frankly it doesn’t matter how many times I or others explain each part clearly. It never will sink in and you’ll just come back here in x amount of posts time and say we haven’t answered your question or that we told you wrong. If there are any new members interested in the same question please follow the advice given. Doesn’t matter where in the thread you look it’s probably there in front of your face somewhere.
Exactly.
The lack of ability and/or refusal to comprehend anything LPF members kindly took their valuable time to explain to him that he has demonstrated is astonishing, actually. lol
Nobody is that stupid, narcissistic, and self absorbed, and living in a daydream world of their own design, except on purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.