Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIODES on SALE!!

Hey maybe something good will come from this wishful thinking is always a plus when the chips are down.

Rich:)

Yea he seemed like a pretty honest guy, I had some interest in spare heatsinks he had (never ended up buying any) and he was really friendly. I'm sure there's a reason for his absence even if it's not a good one.

Good luck to the people who ordered

Yeah I hope he can come back around, he's been on the forum for a while and seems very knowledgeable. I ordered stuff back in July and was promised (3) separate times that the order would ship on Monday, each time he promised was almost a month apart from each other. So it definitely seemed like something was wrong.

He definitely had some good deals on diodes though!

Hi everbody! I'm Alex's brother (abarnett) Zach. My brother is dealing with some personal stuff and hasn't been able to do much with lasers as of late. He has been teaching me quite a bit though through phone conversations we have often. I have an electronics, electrical, computer and A/V background so I'm definitely up to the task. I have been trying to fulfill items he had due to people with the stock he had remaining. I have also invested my own money in new inventory, tools and some R&D equipment. I currently can offer M140's and NUBM44's which are on ebay (username zbarnett). I'm hoping to have some semi-custom handheld pointers available soon too. Please let me know if I can help out in any way!

94Z28

Hi everbody! I'm Alex's brother (abarnett) Zach. My brother is dealing with some personal stuff and hasn't been able to do much with lasers as of late. He has been teaching me quite a bit though through phone conversations we have often. I have an electronics, electrical, computer and A/V background so I'm definitely up to the task. I have been trying to fulfill items he had due to people with the stock he had remaining. I have also invested my own money in new inventory, tools and some R&D equipment. I currently can offer M140's and NUBM44's which are on ebay (username zbarnett). I'm hoping to have some semi-custom handheld pointers available soon too. Please let me know if I can help out in any way!

That's cool to have listing on ebay and such but you need to get active in the LPF community so we can get to know you and some feedback. You did give me the M140s I was owed and I appreciate that, but I'm still confused on Alex's situation and such.. anyway hope to see you around more often.

That's cool to have listing on ebay and such but you need to get active in the LPF community so we can get to know you and some feedback. You did give me the M140s I was owed and I appreciate that, but I'm still confused on Alex's situation and such.. anyway hope to see you around more often.

I'm just getting my feet wet. I will become more active as time goes on. I have a very busy life right now. Newborn and just got married and full time job, etc.... I've been spending what little free time I have learning more about laser diodes and drivers and such and I've been talking to some members on here privately(including you Z28).

Last edited:
He's in jail!

That's kind of how I took the situation, at least from our conversations. At first I was skeptical as well, but then started thinking why would Alex go through all the work to pose as his bro and make different accounts, email, PP and even using different a different home address. Why not just come back to the forum as himself and tell us about jail. I mean I understand people lie and hide behind fake names, but AFAIK all of his debts have been settled by Zach and really the only bad thing that happened was loooong shipping times for those people. :) Now if this was Eitan posing as his brother trying to get business it would be a waaaaay different story!

This would explain the lack of communication then!
I was trying to get his thoughts on a 44 diode that seemed to work for a fraction of a second before going led, but gave up a couple of months ago.

That's kind of how I took the situation, at least from our conversations. At first I was skeptical as well, but then started thinking why would Alex go through all the work to pose as his bro and make different accounts, email, PP and even using different a different home address. Why not just come back to the forum as himself and tell us about jail. I mean I understand people lie and hide behind fake names, but AFAIK all of his debts have been settled by Zach and really the only bad thing that happened was loooong shipping times for those people. :) Now if this was Eitan posing as his brother trying to get business it would be a waaaaay different story!

HAHAHAHA!!! That's too funny.... in the words of Sweet Georgia Brown... "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

I'm really his brother. A little older and maybe a little wiser.

This would explain the lack of communication then!
I was trying to get his thoughts on a 44 diode that seemed to work for a fraction of a second before going led, but gave up a couple of months ago.

He usually calls me every couple of days... If you've got a question about something, I will ask him for you.

HAHAHAHA!!! That's too funny.... in the words of Sweet Georgia Brown... "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

I'm really his brother. A little older and maybe a little wiser.

Theres been alot of people getting scammed on the forum the past year or so, and I know myself and some others can sometimes get a little weary and call BS when something sounds a little odd. But in the end all is good brotha! :beer:

Ain't nobody got time, ain't nobody time, ain't nobody got time for dat! LOL:crackup:

He usually calls me every couple of days... If you've got a question about something, I will ask him for you.

Ehh. I got frustrated with the whole deal, and pretty much just wrote off the $80 that I had into the diode. The last thing I got from him was he thought that the driver blew the diode. But the little testing that I could do with the driver (the driver is rated at 4.5a, and my test load only supports up to 3a) showed that it shouldn't of harmed the diode, and if he wanted me to send it to somebody specific to get a second opinion, but never heard back.
But feel free to PM me if you want to.

Last edited:

Pman

I was also owed an M140 and Schmack sent it to me. Also I bought another one from him a few weeks ago and all went well. I would expect to see your rep power jump soon

Last edited:
Now i just need my XPL RGY back from him and the 1 watt 405nm custom build i paid for and I'll be all square with Mr. Barnett!! Sending good vibes & hope you get out soon brotha