Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode replacement?

If I needed to replace my diode in my green laser, what kind should I use?

5mW green?
30mW green?
100mW green?

What current levels / output should the diode be able to put out?

Thanks for your help. :)

No such thing as a green laser diode for your application. It would be an 808nm IR laser diode, and how powerful it would need to be depends on the laser. A Herc uses 1W or more of IR, the pen-type 5-30mW may use something like 200mW of IR.

Unless you're talking about the entire module, such as an o-like module, in which case I have no idea, it would just depend what you want.

pullbangdead said:
No such thing as a green laser diode for your application.  It would be an 808nm IR laser diode, and how powerful it would need to be depends on the laser.  A Herc uses 1W or more of IR, the pen-type 5-30mW may use something like 200mW of IR.

Unless you're talking about the entire module, such as an o-like module, in which case I have no idea, it would just depend what you want.
I know that it needs a 808nm IR diode, I am just wondering what specific diode I should use and what current levels I should set it at versus the type of mW the pointer is supposed to be.

for instance

5mW green needs a ___?mW 808nm Diode @ __?mA
15mW green needs a ___?mW 808nm Diode @ __?mA
50mW green needs a ___?mW 808nm Diode @ __?mA
100mW green needs a ___?mW 808nm Diode @__?mA

I also need to know where I can find one of these diodes and what model or version of the diode that is needed to achieve these powers.

[highlight]I also know that the answer to what I am asking can varry due to the diodes being inconsistant and also the crystals effciency. I am only wanting an approximation of what it needs to be.[/highlight]
Thanks,
Heath

well those all depend on efficiancy
example a nova x75 x100 x125 all have the same pump diode in them a 500 mw 808 some are just more efficiant than others

John Lawson said:
well those all depend on efficiancy
example a nova x75 x100 x125 all have the same pump diode in them a 500 mw 808 some are just more efficiant than others
Yes, I know, I just want a ruff estimation. and I need to know where to buy those diodes. :)

You could try a 200mw 808nm driven from a DDL adjustable circuit, it may or may not work....and you will not know whether it is down to not enough power, knackered crystal set or misalignment.

A lot depends on what make and model green laser it is...
Cheap chinese= bin the module reuse the host
High quality= contact manufacturer and ask the question of them.

Regards rog8811