Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode Press Tools Now Available for TO-5 & TO-18 12mm Modules

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Excellent deal for buying the two of them. Buy one get second half price.

Hi,
Great new item since Jeff is MIA folks been looking for these . Good job buddy
Rich:)
Thanks! I still use the ones I got from him pretty much every day. I get asked about them often so I figured I'd have some made.

Are you going to possibly make 5.6mm extractors, that would be very handy with the 4 a140 diodes i bought recently

I'm not sure how much of a market there is for the extraction tool. It's a bit of an investment to have a bunch of parts made and I don't have the time to make them myself. Usually I'm only extracting a diode because it died and you can easily just pop them out with a nail or screwdriver and a hammer.

kecked

Piece of pipe works. Finding the right size is the challenge. I have found pens of use. The extracted diode is however toast.

smana

Finally, more diode presses! They're stainless and look great! Reasonably priced too.
I think Barnett is the only place that stocks diode presses right now; even Survival Laser is out of them.

Now, if we have a module bigger than 12mm diameter, has anyone tried this? Not quite as good as the purpose-built press in this thread but it seems better than trying to use a vice by itself.

Finally, more diode presses! They're stainless and look great! Reasonably priced too.
I think Barnett is the only place that stocks diode presses right now; even Survival Laser is out of them.

Now, if we have a module bigger than 12mm diameter, has anyone tried this? Not quite as good as the purpose-built press in this thread but it seems better than trying to use a vice by itself.
You can use my presses on larger modules, you just won't be able to use the alignment sleeve. You'll just need to make sure everything is lined up fairly well first. You could also 3D print an alignment sleeve rather easily if need be.

Last edited: