Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode pin connector

Just ordered a diode pin connector, is it safe to use this for testing diodes in a heatsink? Don't wanna kill em, just test em lol

If I remember correctly, there are 2 kinds. One is specifically for laser diodes. And discharging is a must!

If I remember correctly, there are 2 kinds. One is specifically for laser diodes. And discharging is a must!

Yeah, thinking of hanging a sign in front of me above my bench saying, remember esd and discharge drivers before connecting

Are you talking about something like this? 3 pin long wire mount for laser diodes 20" length, AixiZ of course you can test your diodes this way. If the diode isn't pressed in a module and heat sinked, then keep the test real short.

Alan

Hi alan, I wish it were that nice. It's just the reciever, I have to solder leads on it but basically the same. I'm a little worried about intermittent current (loose connection) killing my diodes. I'll check it out with a couple cheap diodes first.
Thanks for the reply

Pman

I would throw in that I've gotten a few of the AixiZ ones and you really need to be careful when using them as they seem to be random where they put the solid green wire and if you have a couple of them and they are not the same you may accidentally blow a diode as happened to me once.
Also, its best to test the diode before cutting down your pins for a much better connection. Yeah, seems like common sense but in the excitement you might get ahead of yourself. Don't like that the bdr-209 come harvested with short pins but that's the way it is.