Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode Packaging (Any Ideas?)

SyKo

Haven't posted here in a long time.

Recently i've found myself sending a larger and larger amount of Laser diodes and whilst i dont have much trouble with diodes that aren't 'open can' but when sending diodes like the LPC-826 which are 'open can' with those delicate looking wires making me feel less and less safe when sending them i was wondering if anyone has any good neat little idea's for packaging these diodes or if they have any tricks to give them lids.

Thanks for any responses/idea's.

SyKo

Thanks, i'll be sure too look over that site, seems interesting.

major problem with extra packaging is auspost, if the package is more than 20mm it goes from $1.40 - $7.40.

You could always ship them in a tiny plastic container or box. I assume you sell them online somewhere. My suggestion may not be practical for an LPC-826 since they are cheap and the box or container may add $1 - $3 to the cost. Have a look here to see what I am talking about: Small plastic containers in less than minimum quantities for electronics, medical, labs and ESD.

Alan

LOVE this! thanks!

I've searched all over the internet for tiny little containers. They're really hard to find in bulk lol.

LOVE this! thanks!

I've searched all over the internet for tiny little containers. They're really hard to find in bulk lol.

Your welcome, glad I could help.

Microvials™ 030600

only $0.34 if you buy 500 would probably be great for diodes if you could fill in some of the dead space.

Yes those look just about the right size except too small for 9mm diodes, and cheap too.

Alan