Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode/heatsink = Automotive part ??

XiteR

So i ordered a laser from Rocket689 (Very nice guy) & told him to ship the laser parts in 2 packages to avoid the damn customs. The 2nd package that had the diode in the heatsink was labeled "Automotive Parts" !

The damn customs couldn't figure out what the heck is that small round metal thing (LOL :crackup:) so they just went with Auto description.

Here is the laser (hotlight host) in-case any one was wondering :D

Peace :beer:

-Ali

haha nice description! lol

what's the laser description? :wave:

Benm

Pretty good one actually - especially if they x-ray the package i see little reason why it wouldn't look like something that goes on a car -somewhere- :D

XiteR

haha nice description! lol

what's the laser description? :wave:

It was "Electronics" Which is basically right :eek:

ill take a picture of that one when i get back home ;)

Peace :beer:

-Ali

i usually just put electronics or electronics kit when i ship packages. theyll see its electronics but wont know what it is exactly.. lol

I've had a 20W 808nm diode bar shipped to me marked as a $5 copper block.

Last edited:
Lol. :crackup:
I can just see the customs guy scratching his head.... :D

Hey, I'm just glad to see that your laser and LPM arrived to you intact.
Hope you enjoy them! :)

I always just put led flashlight......

although now i don't ship anything illegal so i just put whatever i want. i figure if they're that curious they can just open it and have a look.

I always just put led flashlight......

although now i don't ship anything illegal so i just put whatever i want. i figure if they're that curious they can just open it and have a look.

I usually put "colored led flashlight" when shipping lasers. Before packing, I defocus the laser so that if they power it up, it has a large "spot". Hopefully, a dumb customs agent will think it is a colored flashlight. :D

Xiter's shipment was legal; the host and LPM were shipped in one box. A finned sink with Aixiz/diode, driver, and lens was shipped in another box.
I made it easy for him to assemble.

So, I really shipped parts. :)