Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Digikey is good!

Jess

I wanted to evalaute a 940nm Osram LED; to compare it to 850nm LED's I already have.

Each LED is $10.

I ordered one LED. Digikey charged $2 total for shipping & handling.

Don't you wish other companies did that?

Digikey is good.

Jess

I like the service and products from Fry's, digikey, mouser, etc. All three are good.

Only digikey stocks the Osram 4230 LED's. Not available at mouser last time I checked.

In my experience, digikey is a fast shipper.

I was just commenting that I appreciated their $2 S&H charge on a small order.

It's been a while since I bought from mouser. Do they offer low shipping costs on tiny orders?

:cool:

Hemlock Mike said:
I sometimes get next day delivery to me !!!!  Digikey is good  :)

Mike

DigiKey is good... :-? :-? :-?................

DigiKey is GREAT...

They are in MN in the states... and I'm in Quebec, Canada...
If I order before 8:00PM...... I have the parts in my hand the
next day at noon... :eek:

Jerry

DigiKey is good only if you live in the US, if your in the UK then expect alot of pain and extra expenses. I've not tried mouser but the postage is the same as digikey for the UK so you might have similar problems.

Rapid Electronics is the best UK site i've found.

iccy

I prefer Digikey. I just ordered lots of parts for the lm317 laser driver and I got it in 2days..

Viracocha said:
[highlight]DigiKey is good only if you live in the US[/highlight], if your in the UK then expect alot of pain and extra expenses. I've not tried mouser but the postage is the same as digikey for the UK so you might have similar problems.

Rapid Electronics is the best UK site i've found.

No..... I live in Canada and it is very good here as well... (Canada is not in the USA)... ::)

Probably Rapid electronics would be lousy for us on the other side of the pond.... ;D

Jerry

jwc

Apparently, my school has some kind of deal with DigiKey as of last week, so I can get free shipping and a discount.

Other than that, I recommend the Electronics Goldmine as a source of really cheap parts

jwc said:
Apparently, my school has some kind of deal with DigiKey as of last week, so I can get free shipping and a discount.

Other than that, I recommend the Electronics Goldmine as a source of really cheap parts
I can vouch for the Electronics Goldmine.

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
[quote author=jwc link=1232433951/0#9 date=1232673676]Apparently, my school has some kind of deal with DigiKey as of last week, so I can get free shipping and a discount.

I can vouch for the Electronics Goldmine.
[/quote]
same

Well, I dunno about the other places, but my experience so far with digikey has been great.

I was in need of a specific op-amp, and hadn't found the part anyplace else (that had a minimum order under $100 anyways) and I only needed 5 of the things (well, one really, but wanted some spares considering the headache they had been to find)

$11.18 including shipping, and they mailed them the same day!

There may be other good places, but digikey is good in my book, that's for sure!

I have dealt with Newark three times now, never paid for shipping, and have had everything shipped that day.

I usually go through Mouser.com, but Digikey is good too. The quantity price cuts also make things cheap, so you can get some odd hundreds of some components for like $10 instead of some ridiculous pricing you'd get at a local parts shop for like one or two.