Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diamonds are a woman's best friend, here's mine...

MERC

Re: Diamonds are a woman's best friend, here's min

Its a fact that more law abiding citizens owning firearms = lower crime because criminals whould think twice about commiting a crime against somone with a gun. Btw im canadian not american.

i'd advise against the "lee classic reloader"
lets just hit ammo with a hammer to reload it shall we?
i say do it right or don't do it at all, a basic lee press kit isn't that expensive. i reload rifle with a nice rcbs setup, it makes some accurate stuff :D
also, good luck finding primers. there are none left basically. ammo is slowly picking up again though. next few months should be better if anything

sad_sagi said:
i'd advise against the "lee classic reloader"
i say do it right or don't do it at all, a basic lee press kit isn't that expensive. i reload rifle with a nice rcbs setup, it makes some accurate stuff  :D
also, good luck finding primers. there are none left basically. ammo is slowly picking up again though. next few months should be better if anything

Common sense would tell most people to put it in a vise instead of wacking it with a hammer :D I personally use a lee Load 1000 with a bullet loader...

digital_blue said:
[quote author=sad_sagi link=1240370087/32#49 date=1240601973]i'd advise against the "lee classic reloader"
i say do it right or don't do it at all, a basic lee press kit isn't that expensive. i reload rifle with a nice rcbs setup, it makes some accurate stuff  :D

Common sense would tell most people to put it in a vise instead of wacking it with a hammer :D I personally use a lee Load 1000 with a bullet loader...[/quote]
I personally wouldn't use reloads in a semi-auto pistol or rifle. Only use them in shot guns and bolt action rifles. To many things can go wrong with reloads when it comes to an semi-auto pistol. My advice, don't do it. :)
Working at a gun manufacturer, I get to see what some itiots have done to their weapons by not doing things right. It's not worth the risk of damaging your new pistol or injuring yourself. ;)

@rkcstr- I have the XD40 sub compact. I love the safety, my trigger finger! The XD series is great for close range, but I prefer my Benelli tactical for home protection (3 1/2" mag 00 buck). I've heard too many 9mm horror stories of people LIVING after being shot multiple times (center mass). So remember.. Two to the chest, one to the head!

I suggest CorBon hollowpoint rounds or HydraShok's, if you can find them. They are pretty expensive, but worth every penny if you need to use them. I like to stay away from the cheap rounds and train with what I would use in home protection.

also train with what you can afford to test thoroughly. my bro found winchester ranger ammo at about 40c a round for 45acp so he bought 3 boxes of that.
some guy did a spoof about reloading with that lee loader thingey and a hammer, and alcohol, and mystery powder... ect ect
my bro also bought a lee 1000 auto press, i told him not to but he gets impatient. me and the guy i reload with are gonna get a dillon 550b (best one imo)
as for reloading semi auto, i know a guy who shoots more reloaded 223/9mm/45 a month than you will shoot in a lifetime, and has no problems. you just have to know what your doing.
he loads them on the light side though.

did this thread totally derail into a reloading thread?