Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Defintive 6X GGW-H20L Thread.

Yes, I had come across some high-magnification fotos of these 2D-barcodes on the diode base. However, it was all discussion of possible meaning and significance, I didn't see any definitive conclusion.

Yes, I had come across some high-magnification fotos of these 2D-barcodes on the diode base. However, it was all discussion of possible meaning and significance, I didn't see any definitive conclusion.

As far as I know there has been no exact conclusion. IIRC the barcode contains info on where/when the diode was manufactured and batch numbers etc.

However these barcodes very quite similair if not the same on all PHR-803Ts that I've seen (without magnification), a large difference in the pattern generally in our application means a different diode. Also I believe the 8X diodes had a smaller barcode on the back, but don't quote me on that one.

I believe there was a member who took the time to decipher the meaning of the barcodes some time ago...Zom-B perhaps?

dropping off? What does that mean? I've noticed a short supply of posts from frothy chimp, daguin, and even jayrob as of late.... Perhaps they are all simply busy?

about to order a 6x here tonight, i'll post my findings as i plan on driving it at 200Ma with a copper heatsink and see if it will survive the beating.

Eku

dropping off? What does that mean? I've noticed a short supply of posts from frothy chimp, daguin, and even jayrob as of late.... Perhaps they are all simply busy?

Daguin is proberly busy with that robbery, chimp with his job and jayrob making heatsinks and answering e-mails.

I'm not surprised

Daguin is proberly busy with that robbery, chimp with his job and jayrob making heatsinks and answering e-mails.

I'm not surprised

There are many members missing since the switch...or before, I was pretty much absent from the forum for a month or two.

daguin, frothy, jayrob etc. are great members no question, the forum would not be what it is without, I beliieve that atm they are on a small hiatous, they are still here though just bussy, but there are also many other members that have vanished, who used to contribute a great deal.

Yeah they have been discussing moving to a tech only forum. They are also on http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/ along with most of the other senior members. Apparently there are less n00bs there, and they don't have to deal with the "lower class". But there are a few fine member that go there, but still help people here.

to date i've harvested 3x sf-aw210 sleds and one GGW 6x sled.
the SF i run at 187mA (8.2ohm and 33.3ohm resistors on a rkcstr fixed adjustment driver)
the GGW i run at 200mA (2x12.2ohm resistors)

so far i haven't had any trouble out of any of them.....i know at this current they heat up quicker than a red or phr build so i limit the duty cycle to around 1 minute cycles.

and i agree with a statement posted earlier.....i don't think they are bad diodes...just bad harvesting or assembly.
I had one SF-aw210 diode that the window was broken and rattling around inside the can when i received it. I was actually able to use a pair of tweezers to break up the window into tinier piece of glass, and shake it out of the diodes can....and the diode still worked fine.....i find that pretty impressive as i didn't expect it to work at all.

Maybe w/feds kicking in doors and such the forum elders got spooked and took refuge for a while...:scared:

After reading Mohrenberg's deal I don't blame them...:whistle:

Mohrenberg no pun just posting...

Last edited:
Lets hope that's the case.

Darkarmyofone: When you get it please contribute to the thread. I am waiting on my diode as well, will be adding results.

Thanks,
brtaman

I'm actually interested in the differences between the diodes in the 6x sled, I have harvested them all but I don't know which is which-- Would be great if there was a way to tell

I'm actually interested in the differences between the diodes in the 6x sled, I have harvested them all but I don't know which is which-- Would be great if there was a way to tell

BR diode: has markings on the back, small little square between the pins.

Red diode: is either an open can or an elongated can.

IR diode: is the one that is left. :tinfoil:

On the sled, there are two diodes close together and one farther apart.

O....O........................... O
IR.... Red........................ BR

That is the way they are positioned on the sled, sorry could not find a picture.

Last edited:
6xdiodes.jpg