Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deciding between lasers, any help appreciated

GSS

Forgive me for jumping in for a question that ive been pondering as this also might help with deciding this purchase. Why do laserbtb lasers have such an advantage with duty cycles. Their HL series has like a 12 minute on 10 sec off. even in the 1W blue. Is it a typo? I havent seen another companys comparable laser come even close. What am I missing.

Forgive me for jumping in for a question that ive been pondering as this also might help with deciding this purchase. Why do laserbtb lasers have such an advantage with duty cycles. Their HL series has like a 12 minute on 10 sec off. even in the 1W blue. Is it a typo? I havent seen another companys comparable laser come even close. What am I missing.

I'm guessing they have a thermal sensor on the driver that lowers the output if a certain heat threshold is met. Has anyone put one on an LPM for 12 minutes and monitored the output?

Reactions: GSS

GSS

I'm guessing they have a thermal sensor on the driver that lowers the output if a certain heat threshold is met. Has anyone put one on an LPM for 12 minutes and monitored the output?
Thank you Trend, that would make the perfect sense. You dont realize how long ive wanted to ask this:)....It sound like great over use protection but kinda cheating at the same time?

Last edited:

The lasers at Sanwu are claimed to have an unlimited duty cycle...

https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/Series/silver

Not sure how much I believe this :crackup: I hardly think it's possible, especially with the small host used. Would rather know the actual duty cycle, rather than something impossible(from what I know it's impossible...)

Just thought I'd point it out :p

I am not believing it either, put any hand held battery powered laser on an LPM and let it run and after a time the power will start dropping as it begins to overheat.

Alan

532nm are cool if u want the low divergence and thin beam produced by them, but yeah a 520nm is much better looking if u ask me and since u live in canada its better have a diode laser as said they are more stable and less sensitive to cold.

And also a 532nm laser is not really a true green laser color, if u never seen a 520 compared to a 532 then its like 532 is more of a lime green and 520 often refered to as forest green it sounds maybe confusing but its easy to see the difference if u would have both wavelengths and it feels funny all the years u thought that 532 was the real green laser color haha.

Last edited:
532nm are cool if u want the low divergence and thin beam produced by them, but yeah a 520nm is much better looking if u ask me and since u live in canada its better have a diode laser as said they are more stable and less sensitive to cold.

And also a 532nm laser is not really a true green laser color, if u never seen a 520 compared to a 532 then its like 532 is more of a lime green and 520 often refered to as forest green it sounds maybe confusing but its easy to see the difference if u would have both wavelengths and it feels funny all the years u thought that 532 was the real green laser color haha.

Thanks for the reply. I do like the low divergence, I've got a crappy 445 nm and that thing's got some serious divergence, not a big fan of that... Also, I do like lime green color a bit more. Hopefully the cold won't affect it as much, better thing is that this year's winter is supposed to be a lot less harsh! :san: