Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deal extreme module?

Just wondering if anyone had ordered 200mW 532nm Green Laser Module, or any module from deal extreme.. the 200mW is only $40.. just wondering if things there are up to spec, or garbage.. it seems like a good deal, thats for sure

AnthoT

You could expect 100mw - 150mw max. That's at best also so it's your choice :beer:

Benm

Yeah, its a sort of 'expect half, be happy with anything more' kind of deal. At those prices it may still be worth it however.

thanks for the imput guys, i'll try one out. I'm having a forum member build me a nice 1.6w blue in a stainless survival laser host, I think i'll use this to try and build my own first laser. I may go for a host from jayrob, Prob his green DIY set... If the DE sucks i guess i can always switch the module out, right?

I ordered a 200mW green laser diode from DX. It was completely out of focus and didn't come close to 200mW. I could get tiny halfely smudgy spots on black tape when using a lense and fully charged batteries... I definenitely do not recommend these diodes :p but they might just turn out to be a lot better sometimes... Can't be sure though ;)

Grtz NMF

I ordered from them in March, still haven't received my package...

Last edited:

Blord

There was a deal of 200mW green pen from DX a few months ago. It was a $19.99 shipped.
After receiving it I measure it as 90-100mW. Still not bad for 20 bucks.
I think you should expect half of the rated power.

I wanted to order that one too but i think they took it off of there >.< they also used to have a 200mW red laser and it was really powerful... The page for it had been removed though? Too bad... >.< But indeed half the power is about the right estimation... Look up styropyro on youtube, he did a review on one of them :p
grtz

Blord

Don't confuse the 200mW red with the 200mW green lasers. The 200mW red lasers are very cheap now and they are usually in line with the powerratings.