Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deal Extreme and Focal Price... :(

even if it is a little bit cheaper to get 'fixed focus' it is not worth it. so get an 'adjustable' :yh:

hi, i read your wishlist, that says you want a 200mW green waterproof from rayfoss, and trust me I've bought it, and it can't even light a match! I'm selling if you want it, it costed me $125 and I've used it once and had it for a bit over a month, and since it isen't lighting a match, I just want to get rid of it for atleast $80 or $85 shipped.

AndyR

If it won't light a match, (and is focusable), then its obviously not anywhere near 200 mW... probably less than 120. Could you post a quick picture or video? I might be interested in it.

If it won't light a match, (and is focusable), then its obviously not anywhere near 200 mW... probably less than 120. Could you post a quick picture or video? I might be interested in it.

oh of course I'll be sure to do, that could you just give me you email? I need a few days for the video, my cam is over at a friends house. I will make a video, and take pics and send it to your email or whatever you prefer.

oh of course I'll be sure to do, that could you just give me you email? I need a few days for the video, my cam is over at a friends house. I will make a video, and take pics and send it to your email or whatever you prefer.

I will pm you my email too if that is ok
Its nice to see you noticed my wishlist!!:yh:

someone told me that the only reason high powered lasers burn things is the IR, so if you put an IR filter on it, it will not burn. Is that true?

No, it is not true at all. I have a ~180mW green Aries that is filtered, and burns very well.

Also, red and blu-ray direct-diode lasers have no IR and blu-ray lasers do some of the best burning around.

It's not worth trying for a 'removable' IR filter -- it's just added danger without added benefit.