Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daylight Savings Time.

Hi Folks,
What is your opinions on this Daylight Saving Time change. Do we really need it?? Personally I think its old and out of date and no longer required.
Many states dont observe it , so should congress vote and scrub it??
Rich:)

IDK. It has been around for a long time and tonight we are supposed to set all our clocks forward an hour. Don't forget to do that.

Snecho

IDK. It has been around for a long time and tonight we are supposed to set all our clocks forward an hour. Don't forget to do that.
FORWARD? Well shyt there goes my extra sleep :ROFLMAO:

The days get longer and longer this time of year anyway this just gives us a sudden bump in daylight every evening which is not a real big deal but it was done to help farmers get their work done, we really don't need it today, I think we should knock it off and we can watch the days get longer and longer then shorter and shorter as nature intended, this kind of interrupts the natural flow and makes the longer day feel man made at least subconsciously and it reminds us that we have to do yet something else that we don't want to.............it's government exercising control over us when there is no longer any good reason for it, I think it should stop unless there's some good reason to continue with it.

Last edited:

GSS

Plus I can't believe just how many clocks I have that need changing.
I also can never remember how to change my cars clock:whistle:
Someone told me they change it at 2:00 AM so the bars don't lose a hour of business at least in Boston where last call is a 2:00AM.:rolleyes:
Red, I didn't disable my Ad Blocker so it could of been mentioned on your links..

The days get longer and longer this time of year anyway this just gives us a sudden bump in daylight every evening which is not a real big deal but it was done to help farmers get their work done, we really don't need it today, I think we should knock it off and we can watch the days get longer and longer then shorter and shorter as nature intended, this kind of interrupts the natural flow and makes the longer day feel man made at least subconsciously and it reminds us that we have to do yet something else that we don't want to.............it's government exercising control over us when there is no longer any good reason for it, I think it should stop unless there's some good reason to continue with it.

Hi red,
I couldn't have said t any better done deal.
Rich:)

Where I live it gets dark about 10:30 at night around July. I imagine where Diachi, Adam, lives it get dark even later than that.

Yeah, I figured that. He is very far north. I had always hoped that I might get a chance to see the Aurora from here, but that has never been the case. He sees it every year up there.

Airtech

I'm for keeping daylight savings time.

Top reasons include:
  • There's more light to enjoy in the evening.
  • The crime rate drops during daylight saving time.
  • It minimizes energy consumption (and lowers your costs).
  • It lowers the incidence of traffic accidents

Where did you get those crime statistics? I'm dubious that they are real. There are many factors that can point to why crime goes up or down and the time it is dark has never been among them in the past.

Airtech

Where did you get those crime statistics? I'm dubious that they are real. There are many factors that can point to why crime goes up or down and the time it is dark has never been among them in the past.

Paul,
First off, I want to say that I enjoy reading your replies and posts as they are usually argumentative and entertaining. I view criminals like I view cockroaches - They do most of their work under the cover of darkness. Over the years there have been many studies and arguments as to whether crime goes up at dark. Never a real conclusion. Here is an article from the Virginia State Police that says it goes up when the sun goes down:

https://www.dailyprogress(dot)com/news/local/state-police-more-violent-crimes-in-occurred-at-night/article_bb71b718-8165-11e8-a2d4-379a190571be.html

One of the great things about freedom is that we are free to believe what we want. I believe crime goes up when the sun goes down.