Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daylight Savings Time.

FuzzyPancake

I say we do away with daylight savings mostly for simplicity sake, but I really don't mind if we keep it. I barely notice the difference in the actual daylight "saved" as I am more concerned with how groggy or well rested I am when I wake up on the days following the change.

Coonie

Daylight savings is like the imperial measuring system. Some like it some don't. Some find it necessary some find it completely useless. Just one of those things I guess

Paul,
First off, I want to say that I enjoy reading your replies and posts as they are usually argumentative and entertaining. I view criminals like I view cockroaches - They do most of their work under the cover of darkness. Over the years there have been many studies and arguments as to whether crime goes up at dark. Never a real conclusion. Here is an article from the Virginia State Police that says it goes up when the sun goes down:

https://www.dailyprogress(dot)com/news/local/state-police-more-violent-crimes-in-occurred-at-night/article_bb71b718-8165-11e8-a2d4-379a190571be.html

One of the great things about freedom is that we are free to believe what we want. I believe crime goes up when the sun goes down.
Violent crime does. Non violent crime goes up during the day. Except weekends when all increase.

Mr tech, you're entitled to your own opinions, but you are NOT entitled to your own facts.

Yes, DST is a lot like the imperial system in that most of the world thinks it's stupid and has gotten rid of it.

Airtech

Mr tech, you're entitled to your own opinions, but you are NOT entitled to your own facts.

Yes, DST is a lot like the imperial system in that most of the world thinks it's stupid and has gotten rid of it.
Mr. Paragon,
You need to re-read Lifetimes original post. He did not ask for facts. He asked for opinions. I gave my opinions. I AM entitled to my opinion. Paul asked for something to back up my opinion and I indulged him.

He did not ask for facts.

I don't give two shits what he asked for. Discussions are organic, and the first poster doesn't dictate the discussion's features or limits.

I believe crime goes up when the sun goes down.

I don't give two shits what you believe if it contradicts the facts. I care only about demonstrable facts. Your "top reasons" are, quite plainly, tenuous at best.