Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Data Logging Software

Right, so that board uses a proprietary data protocol that WinDAQ, and the programs mentioned can decode. MATLAB also connects to it. That's good.

Have you tried installing the drivers? You might try running a student version of TI LABView to see if you can see your device?

Peregrine only parses RS232 data.

I know the both Windaq and Vitrnuzz (not sure of the spelling) "see" the device. In the former, it comes up in the drop down. However, I am not seeing any trace. The Windaq hardware goes from -10 to +10. However, not matter what I do, it does not work.

The LCD is reading correctly. Here is the device for the readout....essentially a voltmeter which can be programed so it reads watts rather than volts from 0 to 20. (I have to put a heat sink on my Ophir. OM-SGD-24-M

I know the both Windaq and Vitrnuzz (not sure of the spelling) "see" the device. In the former, it comes up in the drop down. However, I am not seeing any trace. The Windaq hardware goes from -10 to +10. However, not matter what I do, it does not work.

The LCD is reading correctly. Here is the device for the readout....essentially a voltmeter which can be programed so it reads watts rather than volts from 0 to 20. (I have to put a heat sink on my Ophir. OM-SGD-24-M

What do you mean by trace?

Also, have you had this sensor working in your configuration before?

I am trying to figure out how you have this set up.:thinking:

Can you get a photo of your setup and post it? This might help answer some questions.

Last edited:
It is simply a programmable LCD, a voltmeter that is labeled in Watts and the data logging hardware.
My LCD reads correctly. However, though I can connect with the software, I am unable to get a trace....meaning a line with the output.

When turning the laser on I should get a line showing the wattage on a graph wattage/time...right?

It is simply a programmable LCD, a voltmeter that is labeled in Watts and the data logging hardware.
My LCD reads correctly. However, though I can connect with the software, I am unable to get a trace....meaning a line with the output.

When turning the laser on I should get a line showing the wattage on a graph wattage/time...right?

I am assuming you are using one of the Ophir 20C-A Sensors with the data logging hardware?

A picture of how you wired the sensor/setup might give us a better idea what could be going wrong. Have you tried wiring the sensor for +18v GND -18v yet to see the the output on a standard DMM ?

Trevor

I'll post it over in the main Peregrine thread as well, but here's the last release snapshot I've got. atomicrox made a derivative version with some improvements (yay for open source!), but I'm not sure where that is.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NqJwb7OU5un-DTNAJ5iFFWnQI0-mkT7u

It's on my personal Google Drive so this link should be good for some time. My old dropbox account that the original release was on is long defunct.

Trevor

Last edited:
I'll post it over in the main Peregrine thread as well, but here's the last release snapshot I've got. atomicrox made a derivative version with some improvements (yay for open source!), but I'm not sure where that is.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NqJwb7OU5un-DTNAJ5iFFWnQI0-mkT7u

It's on my personal Google Drive so this link should be good for some time. My old dropbox account that the original release was on is long defunct.

Trevor

Trevor, thank you for posting this for me. However, the data logging hardware uses a USB, so I don't think I will be able to convert the data stream to serial.

Encap

Maybe it is time to get a different system configuration with data logging hardware and software that works for your purpose.

Last edited:

Encap

Am sure if you use the LPF Custom Search at bottom of pager for LPM w. Ophir head--there are several ways to skin the same cat.