Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

daguin's "Quick & Dirty" Sale

daguin

I just answered an interesting PM. The member told me that I could not compete with DAoO with my "used" lasers?!?

Is this the impression I am giving herein? None of these 6X's are used. For those that have not been around very long, I build things to prove concepts or to review products. Sometimes people send me things to try out so I will review them. The only part on any of these 6X's that might be considered "used" is the Galileo host. I built it to see how it could be used. It was completely gutted. The lens, module, diode driver and battery are all brand new.

All of the other 6X's are completely built from new components. The MXDL was bought specifically to test out the new "Big Chunk" heat sink. The JayRob "side clicky" was built specifically to test out the new Lasers4U 405 module. The Dark horse "silver kit" was a gift from Dark Horse. I used the kit to build it with all new parts.

These are NOT my personal lasers. Most of my personal lasers are pushed to outputs far beyond what I am willing to sell and warrant (and that few have seen). These 6X's only have the burn time on them needed to make sure that the parts are not faulty and that the build is strong.

If this impression is only from the one member, I may be overreacting. However, If one member is willing to PM me about it, I must assume that there are others that have gotten the same impression.

When I do sell a used laser (like the alpha, the red, and the Dorcy in this sale) I clearly note that they are used and SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the price just to give somebody in the forum a good deal

My reputation is what it is for a reason.
[/rant]

Peace,
dave

YGG

Dave I might have bought one if I didn't get a new 6x build from DarkArmy with that teeny host. I was glad to take the red off your hands though.

daguin

no , i think were just spoiled.

Yeah -- I reacted emotionally to the insinuation that I was trying to pawn off inferior goods.

Heck. I fix other people's mistakes and poor workmanship.

I'm better now ;)

I'm getting ready for vacation!! :p

Peace,
dave

daguin

***CLOSED***

OK Folks -- This one is being put to bed. Thanks for your interest and PM's. I'm going to start packing now. There are a few packages to go out Monday. They are all ready. We just need the post office to open up

See y'all when I return

Peace,
dave

Dig, we must! :eg::wave:

Thank you. SoCal mail came in!

Last edited: