Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daguins (Kryton 12x) Al build 1 year after!

It's been pretty much one year now since I received Daguin's infamous 12x Kryton via Canada post.
I treat this build like my baby. I have a case for it and the original pastic cover is used as a sleeve.
As far as I can remember, the current setting on the driver was 500mA and it does around ~700mW.
My only thing next to do to this laser is put in 405G-1 or G-2 lens on it. My current lens is a glass 405nm Aixiz 3 element lens. I feed my Kryton groove a health supply of Tenergy protected 18650 cells.

Again, I must thank the builder for his excellent work.

There will be more pics coming soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 213

Daguin does excellent work.

One year of operation shows quality workmanship.

I do have a question, though.

Being in Korea, why don't you use Samsung or LG 18650 cells ?

They are U.L. listed better cells . . .

than the ones you currently use.

LarryDFW

Larry, does EVERY reply you ever post have to do about selling your batteries ?

Legit question, just asking.

Daguin does excellent work.

One year of operation shows quality workmanship.

I do have a question, though.

Being in Korea, why don't you use Samsung or LG 18650 cells ?

They are U.L. listed better cells . . .

than the ones you currently use.

LarryDFW

I have a bunch of Samsung cells. They are 2400mA/hr. The Tenergy cells I have are rated for 2600mA/hr. I have yet to get the new Samsung cells.

daguin

Larry, does EVERY reply you ever post have to do about selling your batteries ?

Legit question, just asking.

We talk about what we know best

Peace,
dave

**EDIT**
--
Just click on his name and then click on "find more posts by."
You will very quickly find that your impression is incorrect

Last edited:
It's been pretty much one year now since I received Daguin's infamous 12x Kryton via Canada post.
I treat this build like my baby. I have a case for it and the original pastic cover is used as a sleeve.
As far as I can remember, the current setting on the driver was 500mA and it does around ~700mW.
My only thing next to do to this laser is put in 405G-1 or G-2 lens on it. My current lens is a glass 405nm Aixiz 3 element lens. I feed my Kryton groove a health supply of Tenergy protected 18650 cells.

Again, I must thank the builder for his excellent work.
There will be more pics coming soon.

Ok. Was it a rebuild or can you just buy that host. And where?

Thanks

Last edited:

daguin

Ok. Was it a rebuild or can you just buy that host. And where?

Thanks

There was a couple of Group buys by Kenom.

Unfortunately, his life took a tumble and the last group buy didn't turn out so well.

Now you have to get lucky and find someone that has decided they aren't going to use theirs

I have one available that is a partial "kit." It is left over from a sale I had awhile back in which I sold several kits

It already has an A-140 445nm diode pressed into the head, has a McClicky switch installed, and has a 3-element AixiZ type glass lens in it.

All you would need to do is get and install a driver, and a contact spring and obtain the battery(ies) you will be using.

There is $115 in parts at my cost. It is offered for $125, shipped in the
US. Shipping with insurance ends up just about $10
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/need-replinish-paypal-sale-lots-o-stuff-71836.html
XJ-HKrytons-1.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
There was a couple of Group buys by Kenom.

Unfortunately, his life took a tumble and the last group buy didn't turn out so well.

Now you have to get lucky and find someone that has decided they aren't going to use theirs

I have one available that is a partial "kit." It is left over from a sale I had awhile back in which I sold several kits

It already has an A-140 445nm diode pressed into the head, has a McClicky switch installed, and has a 3-element AixiZ type glass lens in it.

All you would need to do is get and install a driver, and a contact spring and obtain the battery(ies) you will be using.

There is $115 in parts at my cost. It is offered for $125, shipped in the
US. Shipping with insurance ends up just about $10
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/need-replinish-paypal-sale-lots-o-stuff-71836.html
XJ-HKrytons-1.jpg

Peace,
dave

Well like most people i am tapped out:( That is a nice clean host. Right now I am selling a few things on craigs list. I need 300.00 for a hand held 473nm that some guy is selling here:crackup: Thanks for info if I can get some fun money together you will be hearing from me.

daguin

Well like most people i am tapped out:( That is a nice clean host. Right now I am selling a few things on craigs list. I need 300.00 for a hand held 473nm that some guy is selling here:crackup: Thanks for info if I can get some fun money together you will be hearing from me.

Keep your eyes open.
With the last group buy crashing and burning, some of the people who paid are asking for refunds instead of the hosts
I don't know what Kenom's intentions are, but he may be selling the "leftovers" in a little while

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
At any rate we are here to pay Homage to an excellent build by Dave and and show what true craftsmanship is really about.

daguin

At any rate we are here to pay Homage to an excellent build by Dave and and show what true craftsmanship is really about.

Sorry SL. I have a very high tolerance and acceptability level for off topic :yabbem:

It keeps the thread at the top ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Sorry I did not mean to thread jack. And yes Dave is the man when comes to all things laser.

Last edited:
Here is a close look at the microboost driver and a few other pics of the 12x build in the Kryton groove host.

Again, from all the heat shrinking done to the wires, and the extreme care of the overall build. It's a true masterpiece. Thank you again Daguin!

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 182
Update note
Getting the new LPM this build on full battery clocks in at 690mW av