Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cypreus series host

GSS

Hi,
That is what I'm going to try with the host i have coming should be here today.
Sounds like fun to do. Sorry about the late reply i was thinking the same for the last 4 days. awesome i let you know how it goes.

Rich:)
Yeah keep us posted, it does sound fun and the tools you have should be no problem taking a few thousands off. What diode and power are you planning for this 2 battery build?

Hi,
Tell you the truth i am overwhelmed with all the awesome diodes out there. I have built more that 30 builds so far but I'm up for any ones ideas. Like here from you guys about it.
This should be cool.

GSS

Hi,
Tell you the truth i am overwhelmed with all the awesome diodes out there. I have built more that 30 builds so far but I'm up for any ones ideas. Like here from you guys about it.
This should be cool.
Thats a good idea, lets see what everyone says? After starting off with my fascination with the 532 green im on a 445 kick. even though the 445 is getting a little old im still going with that to start this off:)A higher output 450 will do it for me too

Last edited:
Hi,
I have tons of 450nm and 445nm builds and there the most bang for the buck i love em.
Out of the 450nm diodes ill take the PLTB450B over the M140 any of the week due to the constant efficiency i have encountered with them.Every one i had is well over 2+W's some M140's don't come close. 532nm sounds great ill have to check it out thanks buddy or even a 520nm will do . That might be pretty cool in this host my most concern is heat but i like the sound of a high power diode in this little full copper host,.

Yes i should get my mail by 12 or 1:00 today waiting but its down to the wire now:) Need to check it out in person its coming with another host i never seen before and another 3A test load i don't need. But i like to help fellow LPF members when i can. Ill post the pics when the stuff gets here. Today off due to my back is sore from work this week so I'm on line most of the day.

Hi,
I have tons of 450nm and 445nm builds and there the most bang for the buck i love em.
Out of the 450nm diodes ill take the PLTB450B over the M140 any of the week due to the constant efficiency i have encountered with them.

I second that, I only have one of each but it was immediately obvious the PLTB450B is superior to the M140.

Alan

Hi PI,
Thanks for verification on that Those 450's PLTB's are awesome every time. I can't get enough of them the prices are reasonable as well from the right vendors.

I was going to say just to drill and tap your own set screw but then you have an issue with needing to bore out the host at were the module goes in. You only really need like .001 of an inch. Do you think you can do it slowly over time with a dremmel? Curious as to how much power you can put before the host gets to hot to hold

HI,
I also have a Sinner MS V5 press fit that i think i will bore out and add a 4/40 set screw. That one i would like to put a 520nm NUG green but i don't want it permanent. That diode is pricey so i don't want to press it in. Just in case a better host is available.

Hi,
Out of the 450nm diodes ill take the PLTB450B over the M140 any of the week due to the constant efficiency i have encountered with them.Every one i had is well over 2+W's some M140's don't come close. 532nm sounds great ill have to check it out thanks buddy or even a 520nm will do . That might be pretty cool in this host my most concern is heat but i like the sound of a high power diode in this little full copper host,.

You should consider the Osram pl515. I'm very happy with mine. Or if you have the $$$ go with the 515nm from DTR it looks nice too.

Hi T Killa,
Nice choice buddy I'm sure that will work just fine. Nice WL also for a little host so many choices on diode now. The host is full copper one huge sink so if they make a 500 mW 520nm or in between what you recommend that would be great. I want to push the heat dissipation to the max duty cycle safely. I know by reading your posts you like lower power WL's Hey safety first good call. Thank you for you input ill take all the recommendations i can get. like to hear overall views on my post. I love it all you guys are so cool at building i can't get enough of the smart views that are suggested . Thank you so much never to savvy to learn new thing..