Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cyan Heart: Handheld diode laser at 488nm (HEAVY PICS)

Guys :yh: Take it easy. I won't be able to handle something with prices over $700 for now, I spent pretty big amount of money on this project and I am not a millionaire :yh:
In addition, maybe when the next portion of spare money will come to my hands there would be something interesting on the market.

Planck662607004x1042m2kgs said:
So is 622nm build on your list next?

Check out LDX 622nm laser diode... they come in 9mm package and cost a lot less than 488nm diode...$622 USD to be exact...or 503nm diode to match your LED... $2700 USD from you know who..
You mean N1ch1a? I think it would be extremely difficult for me to contact them and organize a deal with shipping to my address.
Furthermore, I saw some Surefire X400 with green laser. They say it has 505nm and its price is much smaller. But I also saw some posts in the internet that somebody have received them with a 515nm laser.
So I don't know what to do with this stuff. Throwing a few hundreds just to figure out is this 505nm or not -- pretty weird deal. Maybe somebody here do know something about these?
About LDX 622nm. It would require a TEC since its perfect working temperature is near 0. I think that in this case it would be much more interesting to construct a direct doubled DPSS device with a NCPM nonlinear crystal placed in an oven to heat it up :yh:
By now I am trying to figure out something. If everything would be ok, then I will start a new extra-project. If it would be impossible to get what I want to get -- I will probably get back to some $$$$ diodes.
Nobody knows the future :undecided:

diachi

Looks much better, good job on getting that cleaned up!

+rep for DTR!

That's great, Ivan. I'm very happy for you that the diode window cleaned up and the divergence you measured is now what one would expect from a single mode diode. I'm sure you feel a lot better.

BobMc

EDIT:
I have done some poking with q-tips, as DTR suggested. Luckily, this helped a lot.

IMG_8574.jpg

Very good cleaning job.:gj:

I've got a couple of diodes that look a whole lot like yours did before you clean it. Was always to afraid to poke around them. This gives me hope, if I can get my hands steady enough. Thanks for posting. :)

Very well done ivan!!! :worthy:

you'll need to make sure never reverse the polarity of the battery,
you know, accident can happens sometimes, stay safe! :D

Oh that's a pretty view of that cleaned output, love the color.

Nice build! Been a while since we seen a fully custom build on here that's in a rare or oddball wavelength. Nice documentation of the whole thing too. I have several 488 lasers, though mine are all DPSS in some form or another. I used to have a diode one, but it was only in passing. I love the fast modulation times, which is where these shine in the industry. I wonder how one would do in an RCS setup... :)