Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Customs take O-like lasers?

Well i know I'm one of those "NEW" skids on laserpointerforums asking another stupid question, I have been lurking these forums for quite some time and registered to be a active member to ask questions and learn and hope to help other members in the feature. I am from "Hackforums" and a very popular and good member.

I have a couple questions for today from some well-known and higher members.

Question 1. How often does Customs check boxes from focalprice and O-like?
Question 2. has anyone received these two items into Usa?

Focalprice.com offers 200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer with Keychain (Black) ,discount 200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer with Keychain (Black),200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer with Keychain (Black) products,low price 200mW 532nm Green Beam
Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable [OL-CR-250] - $59.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Question 3. What are the chances these will be taken by customs?

And i hope everyone had a good Christmas :san:!

umss

Don't worry, newcomers are welcomes here ^^ (unless you spam)
Although I'm probably not much help, I haven't had problems with olike or FP in the UK xD
But I haven't heard any in the US being taken, although wait for the US people to reply about that.

I have a related question. I ordered my first laser from dealextreme. It's a 5 mw green laser and I am really impressed with it. I heard they were brighter than the equivalent red laser, but I didn't expect it to be as bright as it is. Still, I'm not quite satisfied. I wanted to order at least a 50 mw to 100 mw but I understand anything above 5 mw will be intercepted by customs???

How do people in the US get them? Do you order them, and just HOPE they make it thru?

Also, I ordered 4 red modules for about $5 and tomorrow I hope to build a simple driver circuit to see if I can up the power without burning it out.

Any advice on obtaining something more powerful than 5 mw would be appreciated.

Don't worry, newcomers are welcomes here ^^ (unless you spam)
Although I'm probably not much help, I haven't had problems with olike or FP in the UK xD
But I haven't heard any in the US being taken, although wait for the US people to reply about that.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not here to spam or flame/troll. Just another person addicted to lasers. I am not patient like many user's here though, I dis-like waiting 3 weeks for a laser to come in the mail.

I don't work for or get anything for promoting them, but Optotronics is located in the U.S.A. so if you live here there is no going through customs. They are high quality, IR filtered, overspec, and personally tested by Jack before he ships them. He answers questions pronto and is highly respected among this community. As seen in my signature, I own a few and can attest to the quality. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Arshus

I've never ordered from o-like or any of the chinese sites before so im not sure about those probabilities. However, I've heard on these forums that it depends if you are on the east coast and/or west coast, I believe the West coast customs is much more stringent on laser importing, thought I think it may only be a problem if you order from Wicked Lasers.

Be that as it may, if you want to be 100% sure that customs wont snag your higher powered laser, order from Optotronics Laser Products. They have excellent quality lasers, and they are a trusted vendor. They have green pen-style handheld lasers ranging from $30-$170. You will probably get a MUCH better laser than you would get from o-like, and the shpping is faster since its not from China. They are a little more expensive though. The Owner, Jack, is a great guy, and pretty easy to talk to over the phone/email. Since the company is based out of Colorado, USA, customs is not even an issue (your not importing).

Hope this helps,

Sal

Arshus

@ Elite:

Lol beat me to it! Hows your opto 150mW green pen at burning? I also just ordered one and was wondering about its capabilites. I heard it can burn electrical tape and pop baloons but can you light a match with it?

Also, hows the brightness of the beam at night/indoors?

Regards,

Sal

@ Elite: Hows your opto 150mW green pen at burning? I also just ordered one and was wondering about its capabilites. I heard it can burn electrical tape and pop baloons but can you light a match with it? Also, hows the brightness of the beam at night/indoors?

Opto 150 can light red matches, pop balloons, and cut black tape. Easily visible beam indoors (against dark colors) in average lighting, too bright for nighttime star pointing. Bright enough to mess up night adapted vision. You will be very happy with it.

I just recently received a couple high powered lasers from o-like and was very impressed with the methods they used for shipping to the US.
Without going into too much details... they were inspected by customs very throughly (including the paperwork) and still ended up making it to my doorstep.

Sadly, I'm not having such good luck with my dinodirect shipment. (10 lasers stuck in L.A. customs for 2 weeks now)

Arshus

I just recently received a couple high powered lasers from o-like and was very impressed with the methods they used for shipping to the US.
Without going into too much details... they were inspected by customs very throughly (including the paperwork) and still ended up making it to my doorstep.

Sadly, I'm not having such good luck with my dinodirect shipment. (10 lasers stuck in L.A. customs for 2 weeks now)

Good to hear. How did you like the lasers you got from O-Like? I'm thinking about their 400mW green and 400mW 405nm.

-Sal

Funny American laws... It's not allowed to import high powered lasers but it legal to buy high powered lasers inside the US...
LOL

Good to hear. How did you like the lasers you got from O-Like? I'm thinking about their 400mW green and 400mW 405nm.

-Sal

I absolutely love the 400mW greenie. I seem to have been fortunate enough to have received a properly aligned one.
(I'll post some pics soon for sure)

The other one is a 200mW red that I ordered for a friend and have yet to receive the battery for it.
Anyone have any idea what type of battery this one should take?
New Style red laser 200mW /adjustable [OLNRL200] - $45.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I absolutely love the 400mW greenie. I seem to have been fortunate enough to have received a properly aligned one.
(I'll post some pics soon for sure)

The other one is a 200mW red that I ordered for a friend and have yet to receive the battery for it.
Anyone have any idea what type of battery this one should take?
New Style red laser 200mW /adjustable [OLNRL200] - $45.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

It looks like a pair of CR2. Those in the picture are rechargeable CR2's.

Tonga

Hi all. I have a question about Wicked Lasers Spyder 3 Arctic. Are these lasers making it to customers in the
United States or are they being confiscated by US Customs? Anybody have any personal stories about this?
Thanks,