Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom Ehgumus Host/NUBM01T/Ball lens intacked

Hi Red,
yes an expander would do it justice by a long shot. and the 06 also would be a good bet to.i might have to look into Podo's expander at 3x that might be enough to correct the beam. A 10x would give it a better margin for correction. the 44's divergence is huge compared to the others.
Rich:)

Hi BBB,
thank you very much i strive to do better each time i build. And i never thought that G ball would be this good, like Red said a beam expander would be real nice with these diodes. Thanks again for the nice reply buddy..

Hi cole,
Yes he had two in a row that were sweet hosts i bought both of them, the other has a real space effect about it like this one.Thank you for the fine comment to.

Nice! I wish Ehgemus would come out of host building retirement, I miss seeing the new creations he comes up with.

Hi Alaskan,
I feel the same and besides Sinner is MIA for a while also. So we resort back to led hosts in a way. Glad i stocked up on a ton of them when i did. and a choice of others from different vendors. He did make some awesome stuff, Sinner to Epic and we really can't forget Ed Crouse and his son Mike. These two guys were great together as a team, They made me some really quality hosts, So there is the 3 awesome machinist gone, but not forgotten Buddy ..

Pman

Jayrob is still around and we need to stop forgetting to recommend his superb work. Lots of neat stuff to look through. I think so many bargain sellers came around that members forgot he has some classy stuff. I don't know if he does any custom work on the side but you could always ask.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot about Jayrob, he doesn't post hosts in the BST section so isn't on my mind as someone I could go to, thank you for bringing that up. I have a dozen Ehgemus hosts though, I'm so greedy!

Hi Pman,
Oh i didn't forget about Jayrob was just mentioning the fellows that we lost so far. Of course he is an icon here at LPF and all his superb builds and custom parts. If you want a better host he will come through with some sweet ideas. but all in all it was a good point you brought up..

Anyone know of a good deal on a used lathe?
I would like to build some hosts, it could be fun.

One that has some decent tooling would be great.

I think concentric fins in a sturdy head will be need as diodes get bigger, fins really make a difference, mass is like a heat capacitor, or heat bank, but air transfer needs surface area and fins are great surface area multipliers.

Hi Red something like the Green host with fins to the right?

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 40
Very nice, I was thinking about deeper grooves, that cone shaped one looks like an impaler, lol.

Think about a head that looks like a stack of silver dollars with 50 cent pieces in between each silver dollar. Only cut from a single bar stock.

Last edited:
Red,
The sink i'm referring to in the pic has very deep fins i'll take another pic to show. In that host is s NDB7875 / 3+w ..