Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 594 sale $375us. SOLD

Sta

Yikes, 25mW's of 593.5 Sta? That's on par with some of the highest lasers we've seen in that wavelength here. UK has a 100mW MGL-H, and I believe Chixulub had a 40mW pointer from LG. That is a beast! :)

-Alex

Turn out about 30% of it is IR :/

The laser just arrived today.

I am abolutely appalled by the condition in which this laser was sent to me. The packing was amateurish, it was packed like it was done by a 10-year-old in 5 minutes.
Furthermore, the laser was completely dead on arrival. Unbelievable!

Just kidding :crackup:

It was packed incredibly well. It took at least 10 minutes to unpack the damn thing! But when I did there was a very nice reward, this beautiful unit.
I love this laser. It feels very nice in the hand and plus, it's way over the rated power! I measured it on my LPM and it got to 25mW!!
Only complaint is that the divergence isn't perfect, but that is a small price to pay for such an amazing laser.

Thanks BBB!!!

Do you want a refund Dan!

No thanks, not yet. If I continue to have problems, yeah, but as it stands I think it's okay.

Just so you know Dan, This is really upsetting to me, firstly these questions could have been discussed in a PM, From the start with your just joking joke is really upsetting shock, and just continues from there, I'm not even sure if you read the Custom 594 build link in the beginning of this sales thread, This is extremely well built, working exceptionally well for days prior to me desiding to give someone else the opportunity to own a one of a kind, first time done, module extraction, realignment, adjustment, rebuild. I spent days on this build obvious to most peaple, I did videos of the unstable mode hopping before, and the stable heatsinked driver and module after, adjustments on the pump diode and left at its most stable best position, I was asked in the thread of the power of this unit to witch I responded, these range from 3-9. This unit is 3 and rises as its warming up, also mentioned in the thread that acrilic lens is being used due to a slip of the tweesers and scratching the collimation lens, what I didn't mention is that I didn't utilise the IR filter simply because I assumed however bought it would know a little about yellow pointers and would realise that the IR filter is glued on the inside of the top cap on a Rigel and if removed would break, also obvious it isn't glued on the acrilic lens!
Anyway what your paying for is a working custom 594 laser of average 3mw power,

And comments like this just so upsetting to me!!

Originally Posted by badboybilly View Post

No thanks, not yet. If I continue to have problems, yeah, but as it stands I think it's okay.

Sta

Just so you know Dan, This is really upsetting to me, firstly these questions could have been discussed in a PM, From the start with your just joking joke is really upsetting shock, and just continues from there, I'm not even sure if you read the Custom 594 build link in the beginning of this sales thread, This is extremely well built, working exceptionally well for days prior to me desiding to give someone else the opportunity to own a one of a kind, first time done, module extraction, realignment, adjustment, rebuild. I spent days on this build obvious to most peaple, I did videos of the unstable mode hopping before, and the stable heatsinked driver and module after, adjustments on the pump diode and left at its most stable best position, I was asked in the thread of the power of this unit to witch I responded, these range from 3-9. This unit is 3 and rises as its warming up, also mentioned in the thread that acrilic lens is being used due to a slip of the tweesers and scratching the collimation lens, what I didn't mention is that I didn't utilise the IR filter simply because I assumed however bought it would know a little about yellow pointers and would realise that the IR filter is glued on the inside of the top cap on a Rigel and if removed would break, also obvious it isn't glued on the acrilic lens!

billy - I replaced the lens with a G7 lens and it is working great.
I also have no problem with the IR, and owning a Rigel myself, I fully understand why there is no IR filter on this laser. Basically the only problem I have with the unit is the tailcap issue which has been fixed for now. Sorry about not using PM, we should avoid drama. Thanks

Last edited:
billy - I replaced the lens with a G7 lens and it is working great.
I also have no problem with the IR. Basically the only problem I have with the unit is the tailcap issue which has been fixed for now. Sorry about not using PM, we should avoid drama. Thanks

Is everything okay guys? At first I thought this "refund" thing was a simple joke between you two, and I took it as such. If you're custom build 594 is working fine, and dosen't crap out on your every time you turn it then there shouldn't be a problem, no? :yh:

-Alex

Sta

Is everything okay guys? At first I thought this "refund" thing was a simple joke between you two, and I took it as such. If you're custom build 594 is working fine, and dosen't crap out on your every time you turn it then there shouldn't be a problem, no? :yh:

-Alex

Everything is fine on my end.
The refund started out as a joke, then I had a few problems, then they were fixed. As it stands I'm happy with the product I received.

Everything is fine on my end.
The refund started out as a joke, then I had a few problems, then they were fixed. As it stands I'm happy with the product I received.

I'm glad you think me offering you a refund is a joke!
I haven't had a more negative morning after work in, ever,!
I really don't deserve this much negativity with all the work I put into this rare piece of art!

Sta

I'm glad you think me offering you a refund is a joke!
I haven't had a more negative morning after work in, ever,!
I really don't deserve this much negativity with all the work I put into this rare piece of art!

I did not take your offer of a refund as a joke. I was saying that the first comment I made was a joke. Not sure where you think the negativity is.

Congratulations Sta, I know Billy takes a lot of pride in his work and it shows.
I assume also that the situation with your laser is all good now.
My fourth laser from Billy (another work of art) arrived today for me as well and as you say it is sooooo well packed and so much care was taken to ship it that it really does take almost ten minutes to unpack. :D

Your 594 host looks amazing and I was tempted to buy this one originally but I have a 589nm and well..... I couldn't justify a 594.
But boy do these units from Billy look so good.

Anyway hope you enjoy and post some pics when you can (I shouldn't talk, I have to take a whole heap of photos too).

RB

:beer:

Just give it a little twist bro, I couldn't do threads on such a thin hobby alloy inner tube, but if you twist it until you feel the tightness done!

Try a tap instead of single-point on those small tubes next time Billy, problem solved. ;)

Sounds like a bit of a miscommunication in this thread. Billy, I don't see a reason for you to be upset, especially if Sta is keeping the laser and satisfied with it.

Reactions: GSS