Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 2W laser idea

I know that they don’t give a diffenent wavelength. I’m not that stupid.

I just want a unique color. With a high power output. Btw I’m 15. And I’m not hmt
You need to read the TOU...
That is Terms Of Use...
https://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm
Read section 3.

A standard color Monitor using 24 bit colors can
produce about 16 million different colors. And
thatis done with only RED, GREEN and BLUE.

Depending on the adjustment levels available
in the driver per your Lasers... what color do
you think you can get that is Unique and not
in the aprox. 16 million of your computer monitor.

BTW.. I looked in the Welcome section and I
didn't find your intro yet....:cryyy:

Jerry

Last edited:

Also, I know that the film outputs wavelengths in the green range and red range. I know we would perceive it as yellow when it’s really a combination of two colors. I’m not as uneducated as you guys, make clear, think I am. It would just appear yellow.

Maybe not, but you are admittedly underage. Please review the list's regulations. Thanks.

-cd :na:

You need 3 diode, ml101u29-25(300mw 650 nó), pl520b1(120mw 520nm) And pltb450b (1.6w 450nm)

That's very little red and a whole lot of blue. Getting 300 mW out of that cheap red laser diode will depend on the diode too. Better to use an LPC-836. It will give you 380 mW easily.

Encap

You need to read the TOU...
That is Terms Of Use...
https://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm
Read section 3.

A standard color Monitor using 24 bit colors can
produce about 16 million different colors. And
that is done with only RED, GREEN and BLUE.

Depending on the adjustment levels available
in the driver per your Lasers... what color do
you think you can get that is Unique and not
in the aprox. 16 million of your computer monitor.

BTW.. I looked in the Welcome section and I
didn't find your intro yet....:cryyy:

Jerry
Exactly--well said

Last edited:
Guy needs to learn how to edit his posts to make better sense, me thinks.

Radim

Hey guys. I'm thinking of building a laser that uses three laser diodes: 650nm, 532nm, and 405nm diodes. My goal is to get this laser to have an output power of at least 2W. I am curious to hear what you all think of this idea. Also, what would this look like, considering that i am replacing the typical blue color to make a white laser with a violet color? What color would this output? Thanks.

Well, that would be interesting, still maybe not what you want (RGB laser?). Also 532 nm is not diode but DPSS frequency doubled laser. And if it is green heavy (following human color perception) it will be quite expensive.

Anyway check this:

Definitely. Def: LPF mee too campaign - by adding yourself you want it and reserve a piece for you. :crackup:

That control ring issue must be prototype matter only, final product should be of a great precision as Sanwu's standard is known for.

And if Sanwu makes it modular you could choose your laser mix. I would even put more exotic wavelengths in my second host like this. There can be endless options to fullfil your desire for multicolor laser. Just how Sanwu will approach it.

That would be really laserpainter's wet dream if I could set various colorspaces lasers (at least 3 lasers are needed - two just intersect it as line, but 3 define flat surface - much more color combinations).

Edit:

Source: Wiki - see more under click on pic
Note: That black line in Kelvins is black body radiation spectre (linked relevant article for more).

Here you can define your colorspace (click for definition). :drool: :crackup:

Edit 2: After seeing my post with the first edit, I realized a potential if Sanwu made the laser modular (and friendly to custom builds). The potential of such a complex solution is endless. I think I'm not the only one having "that" kind of dreams here now. :crackup:

That would be competing with option of garage build at least for me (working on so many projects - maybe in the future). I can imagine even web app with "design and we built your multicolour laser" feature. With reputable company that would be competetive advantage. And that laser uses.. Well... I'll just shut up for a while... :D

Edit 3: By modular I mean - imagine it as Lego. Heatsink for various diodes up to max. power, optic prisms with coatings for custom wavelength selection. Smart and easy alignment mechanism and many accessories, host parts etc. You could build lasers on demand as it is all just assembly according to some checklist in practice. And the creativity of people here is endless... So...

Original post: https://laserpointerforums.com/f44/guess-our-new-products-sanwu-lasers-102290-11.html#post1517509

Edit:
If you are 15 - are you sure you can handle laser reaponsibly? I mean no lending it to your friends unaware of laser safety? Seriously lasers might look harmless and like fancy flashlight, but they definitely aren't and treating them so will lead you certainly into trouble. Also with such color selection and power there will be special laser safety glasses needed (covering all these wavelengths and therefore quite dark).

Edit 2:
I've just noticed ZRaffleticket already posted this diagram, anyway if bothered by this - let me know, I'll delete it.

Also for the OP - please be nice and polite here - you have came to the party and if you wish to join it, you have to respect the rules. ;) Do not take HMT notes personal if you are not HMT. Enjoy...

Last edited:
Also for the OP - please be nice and polite here - you have came to the party and if you wish to join it, you have to respect the rules. ;) Do not take HMT notes personal if you are not HMT. Enjoy...
Thanks for that.

Encap

>>>Multiple posting<<< Double or more back to back posting is very frowned upon on LPF, is considered Spamming, and is bad form.
It is annoying for people to see/read. Please use the edit feature and put them in one post.

You still need to make a Welcome post in the Welcome sub-forum as has been asked several times.

If you are interested in RGB laser modules here are some good quality reasonably priced examples: https://optlasers.com/en/28-rgb-modules

Here are some lower cost lower quality examples including one for $89.99 that combines red and green to create an illusion of a yellow wavelength which is on page 2:http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72&zenid=jsao90ipe2f2ke70iu76b6lak2

Last edited:
Thanks, and I am working on my welcome post now. And I am sorry about the double posting.

LaserLands has a 300+ mW RGB laser with driver for $46.00 on their website store. The link is: www.laserlands.net. You can get a $2.00 discount for using the code "LaserlandWelcome" at check out for a RGB laser with driver for $44.00. You will need a +12 volt supply to run it and TTL inputs to change colors. That is the best deal I know of.