Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Curious Quote : How much will this cost me?

daguin

Last edited:
The original (Kryton Smooth) is a bit smaller.
It was designed for two 16340 batteries.
It also did not have a focus knob
The other main difference is that the body and head are "smooth".
They have no grooves cut into them
This one has been polished

The Kryton Groove will take an 18640.
It also has a bit more massive head that has been "finned.

Peace,
dave

Hmm..a while ago when a member here got scammed (krnaznboy I think?) One of the few working things he got was an old old kryton host with a 405 in it, but I thought the style was more like the cni pgl-iii-c, where it had a larger head then a uniform battery tub and tailcap. I nearly had it to, I was about to send the pp then something happened on his end and it went to someone else...what host am I thinking of?

Edit: it was this one here

Last edited:

daguin

Hmm..a while ago when a member here got scammed (krnaznboy I think?) One of the few working things he got was an old old kryton host with a 405 in it, but I thought the style was more like the cni pgl-iii-c, where it had a larger head then a uniform battery tub and tailcap. I nearly had it to, I was about to send the pp then something happened on his end and it went to someone else...what host am I thinking of?

IIRC, that laser was *not* based on a Kryton smooth.
I worked on that laser last year.
It had oxidized contacts inside the head.
It was working well when I finished with it.
It looked like the guy had just disassembled it to "look around" and broke it :yabbmad:

Come to think of it, the Kryton Smooth that DJNY had polished up by Angelos, came from that same guy.
He had cranked the head into a vice so hard that it had collapsed the lens well. :gun:

Peace,
dave

yea that guy was not smart. I bought the high powered 532 module from krnaznboy, and it turned out he had jammed a screwdriver in to the small open spot in the brass casing (presumably for viewing and confirming operation of the c-mount) and destroyed all the bond wires and the die, and unscrewed the single screw in the side of the module that held the KTP in via a brass block. Basically he f!cked with everything he could. Not a bright fella, not bright at all...

daguin

yea that guy was not smart. I bought the high powered 532 module from krnaznboy, and it turned out he had jammed a screwdriver in to the small open spot in the brass casing (presumably for viewing and confirming operation of the c-mount) and destroyed all the bond wires and the die, and unscrewed the single screw in the side of the module that held the KTP in via a brass block. Basically he f!cked with everything he could. Not a bright fella, not bright at all...

A sad outcome from a promising hobbyist:(

Peace,
dave

thanks for the pics,Dave.
I like learning the history.

being a newb,be patient,perfection takes time.
I also applaud you buying from one of the builders on here.they do great work and deserve our support.

a year later and I still enjoy mine.