Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cross Dichroic Prism Laser Project

But so what? Even the cheapest such mounts have the screw that attaches the mount to the plate, and while the vertically mounted screw permits the cube to change the angle, how often is that useful? Most such mounts are for attaching a dichro or beamcube. You mount it horizontal to the beam and use the fine adjustment screws + set-screw to direct the beam into position. Some super cheap mounts only allow vertical fine adjustments, but others also allow adjustments in the in-plate axis as well.

The mount on OptLasers has no fine adjustment screws, and lacks an axis to adjust vertical angling without resorting to twisting the cube around while also rotating the base. It's not well suited for directing beams in a precision manner.

The mount is also quite expensive for what it is. For only $2 more, someone could buy some higher end flexure mounts such as these (same as the original set LaserProject linked to). They have the same basic build of the Chinese ones though.

Overall, OptLasers seems somewhat overpriced compared to similar stores such as Laser Show Parts. Competition is a great thing and I hope all businesses involved continue to innovate.

You are right in some points. Just I was using turn mirrormounts in my modules and fine adjustment hmm it was just enough.

Additionally as I told the price on the site is not fixed yet, my coleague set it like this without checking the market.

Looking on the prices I think that they should cost cheaper and I will aplly this change probably it will go even close to 8 - 10 USD.

But from some kind of reason Kvant is using turn, not flex mirror mounts.

I'm glad you're actively adapting to the marketplace and bringing additional competition as well! I'll continue to check out your wares as you introduce more products.

Why use turn adjustable mounts instead of flex? How do the applications differ from one another? I ask from complete ignorance, I've never tried to use mirrors for lasers but I have a long term project where I will need several.

Here is what I have observed/learned about the flexture and the mounts that optilaser sells.
first, my gatherings:
I have always been wanting to order dave's style from LSP pointed out here, then I seen that ebay seller techhood has 3 different sizes/styles of flexture mounts.. So I order 6, then 2 or 4, then 3.. I order a few of each style from techhood in 3 different orders.
They were dirty and oxidized, very few looked clean and new, also, they were all the same thing, no difference between the 3 types that techood describes, EACH mount was MISSING one grubscrew.. I tried to reason and deal with them for a lonngg time, they would constantly say they were sending my missing parts, yet to again ask what I need.. I'd repeat myself, they would come back saying they have sent me my missing stuff and never could present a tracking number.. this repeated 4 or more times..
I got one of the orders refunded by ebay while my pleading for correction was going on.
(I learned that I should had first gone to paypal because the periods of time allowed would had been to my advantage.. once you start action under ebay you cannot goto paypal, they say..)
I left them bad feedback on the two orders that I could with and they replied to it saying I was a competitor with a grudge... :)
If the last time I sold (3 times) on ebay was probably six years ago and not even laser related, how can this even be so, ebay removed this BS feedback reply from them. techhood even said they would send me my stuff once I removed the negative comments. ebay told me that is extortion
After all this techhood removed my ability to buy from them for Fk's sAke!

There is that paul guy with the numbers, like paul839857 here that claims to have ties and connections with techhood, I wonder if he could get me my missing grub screws and the correct versions of the other two that I ordered.... If any of you have ordered these techhood mounts and have the ability to tell what sort of grub screws they use could you please reply here so I can find them somewhere else.
Also, techhoods mounts are flat, meaning they don't have the 45 degree area on them for mounting at that angle, does anyone know where I can buy small 45 degree metal pieces that are around 11x11mm so I could attach them to the surface of these mounts?

-----A month ago almost----
Looking on the prices I think that they should cost cheaper and I will aplly this change probably it will go even close to 8 - 10 USD.

But from some kind of reason Kvant is using turn, not flex mirror mounts.
It has been a month, are you really going to drop the price? what you are selling, in comparison to all the other flex mounts, the design and construction...
techhood pulls this off and can sell them for $8 and free shipping, though they will be missing grub screws, so....

I have not tried to use or even figured out how to set the adjustments yet, a few weeks ago I got a dozen of them as a side order added onto a bunch of laser diode mounts that dave was selling in a "GB" @PL
I watched people complaining of having to readjust flexmounts, yet it always seemed they would "even out" to where they were in position, though with time expendature..
Fixes can be to make sure your system is up to temp that it will be running at for your shows, as the baseplate and/or the flexmounts themselves can 'flex' during thermal changes.
Some people anneal these flexture mounts by putting them into an oven and baking them for a few hours.
I would not want to be scratching my baseplate surface with the optilase style, as I would be turning it for X adjustment.

Another tip/fix :
http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-SC12UU..._sim_hi_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DPGMGNQVSEH9G80J9JQ
Look at the channel on the underside of this item, resolutions of "my flexmount is out of adjustment again" have been found by taking a rounded file and drawing it along the bottom to form a similar channel.. only a few good strokes should be required, giving two points of contact with more pounds per square inch of holding force.

It seems that people may be ditching on these flex mounts and moving along to what optilaser has, one guy at PL that builds Arctos-like-sized arrays had commented something like this in regards to flexmounts, "with flexmounts you are stuck at a certain stage.. with the optilaser styled mounts you are moving forward and progressing immediately"

I have watched PL for a few years worth of construction post's, most were using the dave styled mounts.. then things changed towards what optilaser has, even Kvant started using them.

Optilaser, lower your price please, I'm awaiting to order :)

thanks for reading,
-MM

Actually brand name is not optilaser but optlasers but seems it is no difference for people.

On the website you need to register to get first discount, then also write me as you are LPF member and get additional discount.

The price drop was done:
Brass Adjustable Mirror Mount Laser Diodes | eBay

It is including 7USD shipping already. When I dropped the price I sold 8 pieces from that time.

For the mounts itselves; right when you use aluminium base you can easily scratch it during adjusting, it is not spoiling anything but can look not nice. Anyway aluminium base is not the best option with brass one it is working much better. The flex mounts you also have to turn sometimes when fine adjustment is not enough, but right from this point they are better. Sadly when you take the adjustment over 1 year time under consideration flex mounts are much worse. All small movements, oscillations etc are making the screws pushing into the material, there is no steel, just brass, this is why after year or sometimes month time flexmounts will need some adjustment again. Because even if you use glue the tension in the material will change over the time.

Last edited: