Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cree Aurora full copper heatsinks for sale. Direct press, no aixiz module.

I've got a VERY limited supply of these. Once they're gone, they're gone!

IMG_20101227_072225.jpg

IMG_20101227_072242.jpg

IMG_20101227_072155.jpg

These are solid copper direct diode press fit heatsinks made to fit the Cree Aurora host. However, these heatsinks have a special feature...

IMG_20110203_204419.jpg

IMG_20110203_204430.jpg

They allow you to use any diode press! You may have to cut the back half of an aixiz module down a little bit, but you won't need to make or order a special press to get the full benefits of a direct press heatsink. (Don't mind my diode press! It's very short and fat!)

These are 100% CNC machined. The threads are single point threaded instead of tapped to allow for a much tighter fit to a glass aixiz lens. I've also cut a thread relief in there so your lens will thread all the way "to the bottom."

I'm looking for $22 shipped for these to any US address. PM me for international shipping or large quantity orders.

I don't take Paypal, only Google checkout!

Thanks for looking!

AH I was eye balling these when i saw luke's thread.

Your work is stunning as always......damn CNC machines.....

Thanks for the comment Moh!

I've seen what you can do on that little 7x, and I have to say I'm really impressed. I don't know how you do it, my little lathe is completely worthless...

However, my minilate is 100% dissasembled. It's going in a CNC mill to get the bottom of the bed 100% parallel to the top. Then I'll match the carriage to the bed by indicating it in with a CNC mill and sanding little bits at a time. After that I'll be making bronze tapered gibs for the carriage as well as the cross and compound slide. After that I'll be swapping to tapered roller bearings in the headstock and I'll true the spindle up using a buck chuck. That thing will run 100% true and tight when I'm all finished with it...

Comparing industrial CNC machine work to hobby lathe work isn't fair at all though!

1 Please!!!

I'll pay tomorrow through google checkout and PM you when I have the payment sent.

That sounds good, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send an invoice.

Thanks!

I know I am not selling these...

But you are getting such a deal with a CNC machined heatsink (press fit as well) for the Cree Aurora host. That comes to a $32.90 total for an amazing host + heatsink. I definately recommend it.

Find the host here: Deal Extreme Cree Aurora Host

Then just add a diode, driver and battery, and you can have a great portable laser for probably around $100. That is what I am doing at least. Just get the good stuff while it is still here.

Can I have a CNC lathe please?
I'm gonna come and hang out at work with you :) I'm only like an hour and half away

That's true, I'll have to show you around the shop some day. The size and speed of these lathes is a sight to see. Be careful though, once you go CNC you can't go back!

I've been trying to convince my boss to stick a CNC lathe in my garage for a while now but he's still not seeing things from my point of view! I'm eventually going to CNC my little 7x, I'll let you copy my design on that if you want. Sadly that's probably as close to a real CNC lathe as I'll ever get in my garage...

Blord

The next step will be skipping the host. Just CNC the whole laser.
The wildest dream comes true. :D

Thanks for the support Viperx!

All paid orders are shipping this morning. Let me know what you guys think of them when they show up :beer:

No problem, just trying to give some positive feedback and recommend a great product to others.

Can't wait to recieve mine!!!

Edit:

I was going to add some to this post... but it turned into way to long of an edit, so regrettably I am double posting so this can be seen as new info and I can get responses as needed.

Last edited:
In advance...I am sorry about this double post. I am just trying to convey my thoughs so others can see them as intended. I promise I will not deliberately double post again.

I recieved my HS today! And at first inspection it looks great.

Once I inserted it into the host though...I found that there is a little movement, a little give, in the heatsink moving forwards and backwards.

If this is normal, let me know. I have the same problem with two of the heatsinks I bought from Mohrenberg.

And I what I am thinking is that how the HS was made (both Moh's and yours) was based on the measurement from the flashlight reflector's lip at the top of said reflector. Now, I am not completely sure, but I think the flashlight's glass lens adds a little bit before the top metal black retaining ring is finally screwed on. And that little bit holds the reflector in there just fine, but building this into a laser we can't have the glass flashlight lens on top of the heatsink.

An easy fix I was going to do would be to buy a larger O-ring for the space inbetween the HS and the top retainer ring. Even with the rubber O-ring there would still be adequate electrical conductivity where the HS's lip is pressing into the bottom of the host.

And I was also thinking that a small gauge wire stripped bare and made into the correct diameter to fit on top of the HS and inbetween the top retainer screw-on ring would work fine as well.

Just let me know if you think any of these would work fine.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, for some reason this thread didn't make it into the list of threads in my "control panel"

Hrm, I'm not exactly sure why the heatsink is loose. It defiantly shouldn't be that way. I think the flashlight manufacturers don't exactly stick to any strict tolerances or anything. These heatsinks fit the flashlight I have here, but there seems to be the oddballs that don't fit.

However, I do have a larger o-ring here that would probably work. It's a 20mmx3mm o-ring. The only problem is that it doesn't exactly hide underneath the lip of the outer ring like the original one does, something like this...

IMG_20110213_220149.jpg

I think I've seen someone using foil, though wire would probably work too. If you want to try this o-ring let me know and I'll send it your way.

Just out of curiosity, does your host have the logos on the side?

I am sorry, I wasn't trying to say this was a mistake on your part, more to the point of what you said...that these hosts aren't always made with strict tolarances and that is why I am having problems.

The three hosts I am using all are around the same size and they all are a little loose with the heatsinks (yours and mohrenbergs). And yes they all have the CREE and Aurora logos on the sides of the host.

I am trying a few things now, but I will definately let you know if I would like to try that o-ring.

Thanks for helping me out!

I was having a very similar problem as viperx1101 so i started looking around for another o-ring but i didnt have many on hand to choose from. So i found that the 2mm (i think) rubber inserts for the grooves fit like a glove. Cut a peice about 2 inches long and presto problem fixed.
sink3.jpg

sink2u.jpg

sinkw.jpg