Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crappy way to start a new year

diachi

Someone up there must like you! Glad to have you back ... enjoy your second life... :whistle:

Glad you're ok, I've touched the grid twice but all I got was allot of pain followed by shock. :beer:

Dusty

Wow!! Sounds like you were very lucky, glad to hear you are ok though...:angel:

Wow.... amazing, astounding & astonishing.

Glad you are alive.

See any cute nurses or assistants?

Thanks for the supportive comments.

For the curious, I was repairing a 3 phase welder. A bad switch left all the wires "hot" and I happened to probe a wire with a screwdriver. The initial jolt threw me off balance and I accidentally grabbed something with the other hand(presumably another phase). At that point, it was pretty much lights out for me.

A note to anyone who likes to play with 3 phase; I'm told it has a nasty tenancy to turn off your ticker(Pretty much fatal). Please be careful when working with this stuff...

I repeat....Did you get burned? or just a bad shock?

And yes...I am happy to see you survived and are out of the hospital already:)

Jeez, you were very lucky!
One second of delay time on your friend's call, and things would not go so well...

Dude, I hope it is the the last one HV incident... at least for the time being (you cannot stop those what so ever). Next dude not being carefull might not get so lucky.

Sad things in life come unexpectedly. A bad way to go, being electrocuted.
Actually, every way is a bad way :(

damn blue, you are one lucky sob. that makes me think twice when i am working around 3-phase 480 volt pump stations. thats why i like to have my fluke 87-V with me. you never know when a breaker or contactor will stay closed. i might be only 19 and have no formal training, but i have learned from past shocking experiences to be careful. you do the same.