Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Contest... 6mm 650 diodes Part Duce

guys:

I am going to give a couple more of these little 6m 650nm all ready wired for 3 to 5 v to a lucky LPF member.

Rulz:

1. Come up with a inventive way for these to be used.
2. no red marks.
3. be over 15

that is all the rules.. the winner will have two days after notice of winning to pm addy to claim prize or I will pick another winner.

Contest will end on 5.28.2014

Winner was DELTAWARS he has two days to respond or i will chose another winner

Last edited:

I would use it for a laser light show rig I plan to build. Im going to use red, green and blue lasers, maybe even violet and yellow.

mbuc

Very generous of you vortish.

What is the power output of these? I have different ideas depending on their rating.
Also, by "over 15" do you mean age (I'm 23) or posts (I'm 3 :( )

A couple of projects that I plan to do over the summer months:
- A ceiling-only "light show", multi-color, to be projected from the wall(s) and only touch the ceiling. Meant for ambiance rather than immersion.
- An e-cig "vapor meter" for my coil builds. I would like to have a way to scientifically rate the amount of vapor that I produce from my coils (just for fun, really) :D.
- A laser grid effect through the upper glass of a laser cutter, when powered on but not cutting.

Just thought of another idea, using it for a security system. Rig it so when the beam is tripped it would send a message to my phone and from there link to a camera system at the desired location. I remember kipkay on YouTube use an app for sending him a message when he got mail so it would be similar to that.

I would strap them to my cat, he would be chasing the dot all day lol.

I would strap them to my cat, he would be chasing the dot all day lol.

This guy is a winner :)

Btw anyone who says they will use this for a light show, wellll, kinnda BS. this is less than 5mw afaik.

Take this from a previous winner :p

:beer:
-Matt

Krnaz was one of my winners from the first one i did. these are 5mw or less 6mm 650nm focus-able diodes. you do not need a driver just 3-5 volts of power. Krnaz found out some cool ways to use these cheap inexpensive diodes for some thing fun I used them for cat toys but becarefull some of these have been tested at 32 mw so use your safety glasses and 15 years of age is the rule

Last edited:
Guys these are not diodes, they are modules. They can be focused a bit to adjst but burning is a no go. These are fun modules, very small and useful

:beer:
-Matt

I keep calling them diodes but Kranz is right they are modules and fun to mess around with

7 more days guys get your ideas in now I pic and announce the winner on the 28