Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

confirmed PL-E pro GB

IWIRE

I'm kind of like Shakenawake, I've made a couple of purchases and they both were so painless I don't remember how I paid. Seems like in one maybe both pp was involved someway. With the customer service Gray provides I'm betting he has a handle on the payment process.
I know ! I'll be the Canary in the coal mine ! All Gray has to do is get my laser ready ! I'll let everybody know how painless he made paying for it :D

PP gifts aren't available in a few countries, including mine. I wouldn't mind that if they were.

Strangely our customs are *far* more likely to tax something if it comes from the US. I guess they just assume everything from China is cheap :p

Thanks Atomicrox. You are right. PP is more efficient. We also take credit cards through jetlasers.org if necessary. :)

Since the beam expander allows focus, I guess I'll get the 5W. don't need redundant functionality

Good deal-- I was only trying to give Gray the option of using PP or not- W/o going into details at least twice PP users have caused some issues- and the same goes for my postings about minors- Atomix I was not sure if you were CONUS as its not in your profile- I have always done CONUS buyers only --sending all others to Gray - so that is his call and i hope all realize that My intentions were and are that all are happy..

... the problems and new dangers with PP are the reasons for caution- I just did not see a way to say- 'PP is fine if you are a trusted ,returning buyer ETC- but if you are new- no way' I dont blame anybody but those that caused problems -- maybe I am just cynical in my old age- I was really saddened and then very angry to hear about how with PP's help JL got scammed- but I did not mean to take it out on the wrong people- so please accept my apoligy--if any member knows of a way to vet new buyers- or do something to keep Gray from being taken advantage of- please PM us -

V/R hak

--&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

ProPL-E 445nm ~3.5- 4W $600 usd by Jetlasers - FEELER-
OR with fixed focus- w/ 5W 620.usd

1) Shakenawake-- black host, BE, AC adapter, holster. NO batteries, NO charger, NO safety glasses-5W-fixed focus
2)IWIRE--black host-- add JL BE.. ?holster?-- IIRC the holster can adjust to hold the laser WITH the BE
also in maybe for the BE , holster and ac/dc converter MAY ask for HIGHER CURRENT THAN WHAT THE OTHERS WILL GET. ( & UNDERSTANDS THE RISKS)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

ProPL-E 520 nm ~ 1W by Jetlasers - FEELER-
Price TBA ~$800usd
1)Atomix..
2)Raiden Gekkou
3) The Cube-- (may need to wait until Aug.. )
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Other options:

Shakenawake-& IWIRE BOTH (may) want second battery tube to change look OR if possible to use TWO batteries for longer run time til recharge (0n BOTH the 445 & the 520).-- Only one AC/DC adaptor is wanted IF it works on both lasers

Last edited:
Don't worry man, I know you have good intentions :)
Will PM you about the profile location thing.

looks like JL added the 445 to the site, so I'm guessing it'll be something of a mainstay, until the next diode comes along. I'm going to ask a mod to move this thread to the GB section

'I'm going to ask a mod to move this thread to the GB section'

Thanks that will be helpful--I have a thread there already but so far its only a link to this one....

Len

I've been trying to find out how close the focal point can get to aperture with a BE on

I've been trying to find out how close the focal point can get to aperture with a BE on

wish I had an answer i trusted--

for sure the 'sweet' spot will not be closer - as you prolly know-
the BE make the beam 'fatter' up close and extend the distance for t small focused spot-and also for sure trying to 'see' all this is impossible w/o eye ware-

I will attempted to do a test with the one I have here on a 445 Pro Ple as that should be the same== right? I already do think however that to get a tiny hot spot up close you should be using a lens(or two) not a BE-- I have a spare I am happy to send you-- it is two lenses inside a housing (plastic) and comes from the leftover optics of a kasio PJ == its part of the focusing train...& when i just held it in front the beam became VERY tiny and smoked anything it hit..

:wave:

:gun::lasergun::takeit::drool:

looks like I'll be the first to procure...

Last edited:
:gun::lasergun::takeit::drool:

looks like I'll be the first to procure...

ON A 445??

-- JL was not able to get many of the 520nm 1W diodes- but enough to build one and see how it turns out-- IMO waiting for a green may have its 'silver lining' in the possible lower price that may happen soon. I strongly doubt the diode price will go up. BUT ATM Nichia is being very 'controlling' on these..

There is now a thread for these two in the GB section--
len
:thanks::wave::D

I'm thinking the price listed on the JL site for the 1W 520 might be an error. if not, that's too rich for my blood. I had other plans for that diode anyway. it's going in my old dominator heat sink (copper)

I think the 5W ones have just one lens, probably something close to a g lens. the 1.8mrad ones I think do use an additional lens. I went with the 1.8mrad 4.5W instead of the 5W

afaik JL has never used any correction optics other than the standard lenses- in handhelds --maybe yes in thier labbies..

TOO rich?? for sure
wait and see the price drop-

also
that price included about every extra item they offer and some that they no longer want to ship (batteries)

The BE added is 99$

IIRC the 30$ shipping was also included in that price-

and at least one battery WAS (then) offered too and they are no longer selling batteries to USA buyers..

I recently got a chance to see in person a 3W 445 laser--before the most powerful i have seen in a handheld was <2W-- I must say 3W is VERY scary powerful-

Just thinking about some fool or youngster getting one of these opens all kinds of bad doors-

- and ANY member who does not verify the age of the buyer is a BIG FOOL- is doing the forum a great disservice just to Make profit-- If and when somebody gets injured and the laser was sold to someone is is NOT the age of consent

At that point in time
- you will NO LONGER be dealing with the buyer but his parent(s) AND/OR the lawsuit-hungry lawyers--

Pretty sure it would be very much like a store owner selling tobacco or beer to a minor-

It does NOT matter if the buyer seemed older

OR that the ID was a fake

OR that the buyer seemed to be very responsible

NONE of that means a thing- zero

I had a member contact me about ~ 1W laser
he was honest with me about his true age (refreshing, I MUST say)

I asked for his address and phone number ( needed for the shipper)

He sent the address but NOT the phone number.

Using the white pages phone book i got his home phone and was able to contact his mother- who said he was doing well in school and was mature for his age etc BUT as i told he I could ONLY sell to an adult and NOT to her son- she replied that she needed to discuss with DAD before any purchase was made--

Some high power lasers were purchased for him on his parents CCard
with or without their permission- (IDK which)

end of story-
for some reason a forced 'charge-back' followed- and the lasers were returned-
at the expense of the seller-(65$) and they are now used- (another loss)

there is a valuable lesson from this for all..

It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the seller to assure no laser is being sold to a minor.

A PITA for sure ...but NO way worse than a lawsuit--
If you ask (for Photo ID proof of age )in a nice way most will comply with your request & if they DON'T

Then just do not sell it...

not brain science or rocket surgery...IMHO

Last edited: