Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

confirmed PL-E pro GB

IWIRE

I would want a black host with a beam expander. The 532 I have is in the silver host. For some reason I like green/silver & blue/black combinations. Just the mass of the Pl E host should do a good job with the heat. It will be interesting to see what Gray comes up with for max output vs longevity/heat dissipation. I would think 4w output marketed as a 3.5w would be feasible. We all know Jetlasers are always over spec. I'm a player at 4w if the cost can be kept around what has been discussed. I'll just work some more overtime to support my habit. Just call me a laser junkie. :)

IWIRE

Thanks hakzaw1 ! Yes, it's a time exposure I took of the 16x 405nm I built. Still seems strange to say "I built". I use to daydream about lasers when I was a kid. Better late than never :)

IWIRE

Uhh, maybe start a thread and ask your question ? I have a 700mw 532nm from JETLASERS and love it :)
I can tell you this about O-like, I've been trying to get them to fix an issue where I can't log in to their website for over a month. Still can't log in. Sure glad I don't have a laser from them. I could only imagine if I had a problem with it.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Your question would possibly get more responses good or bad if you started your own thread about it. Most people in this thread are interested in a GB from jetlasers.

Last edited:
Hey I know I`m a "newcomer" to this forum, but I saw that O-Like is selling a 1 Watt 520nm handheld laser.. What do you guys think about that?
Has anyone bought this laser by any chance?
link: New Rocking 520nm 1W Green laser flashlight /waterproof/focusabl [OL-GLT1W] - $848.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

most of the regulars around here knew about that the day it was released, but I cant think of anyone who got one. the reason? probably the host. It looks lame. others may want more out of their 520 than 1W, closer to 1.4W, so opt for the custom route. I personally feel the PL-E is like the ferrari of laser hosts, though I am a sucker for massive copper. PL-E takes the cake with ac input option, BE, and such a solid,***y host. plus Gray is the most bad ass sales rep (whatever his real title is, probably more impressive) I have ever dealt with, in fact, a personal request that he agreed to with me alone, but that I felt I could not keep to myself is the reason this thread is here. I am willing to bet the price we get for the 520 will be close to the O-like, which one I'd rather have is a no brainer

IWIRE

Is there a GB thread somewhere on this that I can't find or has it not been started yet ?
I still want a 4w PLE-Pro in black please. I'll "settle" for 3.5w. But it has to be a black host. :)

Good NEWZ From Gray ... JL has been able to source the new 445 4W diodes and tests have been done so they will move forward with a list(feeler) the final price has not been determined BUT it will be way less than $800--It is looking like we need 10 buyers to get this started BUT you will NOT need to pay in advance-- not sure how much time you have to save up- -- that may need to be announced once we have ten on the feeler list-- I will NOT be in the middle on these- so they will cost a little more- each buyer will patyJL (expect a ship fee of ~$30usd)- AND each laser will be direct shipped to each buyer- those NOT CONUS may need to pay more for shipping.

IMHO its foolish to NOT want the best and Therefore most expensive way to ship- its about safe delivery NOT how much you save by shipping cheap or how quick DHL Express is- who would not rather wait a few more days and get an unopened package-
For me DHL has NEVER been about the 72 hour shipping--rather the fact that out of dozens of packages sent to me by JL wih NONE EVER opened after DHL inspects in china and puts thier yellow 'DHL inspected' tape on the inner box.

Unless changed later these will be built in the Pro Pl-E host- AFAIk you have the choice of the black or the silver-- the new tailcaps are now in use and have no problem-- ++
As in the past a LPM graph will be provided with EVERY one.

not sure what lens Gray will use but you can be sure it will be a good lens.

If you have not seen it ....for ONLY $10 more Gray will add to your box the VERY nice nylon velcro holster----

so Starting the list in 'Shakens' thread--

I will add another thread which basicially just links back to this one..

the other list is for those who MAY be interested in a Pro Pl-E with the new 1W 520 Diode--

Feeler list (copy the list then paste AFTER adding your name to THIS thread-

ProPL-E 445nm ~ 4W by Jetlasers - FEELER-

1) Shakenawake-- "likely ' w/ BE host choice? ?holster? ac/dc adapator (if available)*
2)IWIRE--black host-- add JL BE.. ?holster?-- IIRC the holster can adjust to hold the laser WITH the BE
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

ProPL-E 520 nm ~ 1W by Jetlasers - FEELER-

1)Shakenawake-- "likely ' w/ BE host choice? ?holster? ac/dc adapator (if available)*
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Other options:

Shakenawake- wants second battery tube to change look OR if possible to use TWO batteries for longer run time til recharge (0n BOTH the 445 & the 520).-- Only one AC/DC adaptor is wanted IF it works on both lasers

copy- paste as new post add your name +

shampoo rinse repeat
shampoo rinse repeat
until you are out of shampoo

hak

EDIT UPDATE

from this date (april 12th) and hereafter Post #32 on page 2 will serve as the OP for the GB- prices will be seen there and the Pro-PlE 4W 445 price has been narrowed down- working out the details but IMO considering the parts cost is a good price and we all know about customer service and the hosts from JETLASERS

after you see #32 go to the last post and if you want on the list highlight- copy post and add your name-- add what extras you are thinking about and you host color choice- ATM this is a non binding list but when the first become ready to sell ( for sure it will be the blues) the list will shift to the next step--

Last edited:

IWIRE

I'd like the beam expander too. WTF, throw in a holster too and an ac/dc power supply:) Can I get a bag of chips with that ? :crackup:

BBQ or Ranch Flavor chips?? editing for YOU

1) Shakenawake-- "likely ' w/ BE host choice? ?holster? ac/dc converter /adapator (if available)*
2)IWIRE--black host-- add JL BE.. ?holster?-- IIRC the holster can adjust to hold the laser WITH the BE
also in maybe for the BE , holster and ac/dc converter MAY ask for HIGHER CURRENT THAN WHAT THE OTHERS WILL GET. ( & UNDERSTANDS THE RISKS)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1)Shakenawake-- "likely ' w/ BE host choice? ?holster? ac/dc adapator (if available)*
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Other options:

Shakenawake-& IWIRE BOTH (may) want second battery tube to change look OR if possible to use TWO batteries for longer run time til recharge (0n BOTH the 445 & the 520).-- Only one AC/DC adaptor is wanted IF it works on both lasers

I know i dont need to tell you guys this but>>>>

an ac/dc converter does NOT turn a handheld into a lab laser- I mention this because I got this as a question from a member I assumed would know better- alb laser bigger HS- and maybe a fan(s) or even TEC peilter active cooling-- hand held big HS and not much moar.. just sayin'

Last edited:

IWIRE

BBQ chips, with ridges please. Thank you hakzaw1. I'm forum runner/phone illiterate.
Thanks for the heads up on the ac/dc converter not increasing runtime. I thought that's what that little cord like thing did, suck heat out of the laser and shoot it into the power grid. Have Gray get on that. He can even crank mine up past 4 if he wants with no warranty. :)

Last edited:
IWIRE gots NO FEAR!!

JL, has been trying to balance between great output and longer lifespan-
NONE of the other 445s have EVER be sold at their highest output- BUT if you want to walk on the 'wild side' we all will buy popcorn and watch--

AND... by eye you would be hard-pressed to pick a 3.5W from a 4W side by side--
REMEMBER it takes 4x as much mW to get 2X the brightness we see by eye- so unless your tote a LPM around you may not be able to convince many that you have .5W more output..- BUT if you request i see no reason why JL would say no -- your are on your own so... --

IWIRE

I was just entertaining myself hakzaw1. I've talked with Gray and I think he knows I'm happy with whatever he is comfortable with setting them at as long as it's at least the rated output of the diode.

I agree with you too, it's really not going to matter. Just bragging rights.

Of course I am always the guy that says ""Here hold my beer and watch this" So tell Gray to do whatever he wants. I would. :)

N/P you are not asking fir a BINNED one - that is an unfair request I had to deal with in many of the 8 JL GBs- if three who got the same laser I assigned the name THEN took the reading- proof"" arythna got the Pl-C 532 /250mW that made 440mW mine was average at around 300mW--
my 800mW 405 was one of the fails --

-- I got a refund- (my second choice but im cool with that) JL took a beating on those--

I will get with DTR- rick- gray and you to see how much is NOT too much ha ha

selectable low'med'high would be nice-

I loved that in the Pro PL-D few were made
code to activate
easy^^

six modes- threaded for the JL 10X BE- a keeper(200mW 635nm)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

meh
one of these in each hand -- ~6W- combined- THAT will be an epic pic--

doesn't somebody have both already?? Rick maaybe?? DTR= not Me dats for sure

What is the power spec and price of 'these' two laser from other 'regular' maker/sellers ie O=Like Techhod etc NOT custom - JL 'could' set a record (temp) for most blue and green NOT from a custom build-

Did WL ever really get a full 1W 532?? -- let alone 1.6 W stable--

Last edited:

1) Shakenawake-- "likely ' w/ BE host choice? ?holster? ac/dc converter /adapator (if available)*
also in maybe for the BE , holster and ac/dc converter MAY ask for HIGHER CURRENT THAN WHAT THE OTHERS WILL GET. ( & UNDERSTANDS THE RISKS)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2)Raiden Gekkou
3) The Cube-- (may need to wait until Aug..
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Other options:

Shakenawake-& IWIRE BOTH (may) want second battery tube to change look OR if possible to use TWO batteries for longer run time til recharge (0n BOTH the 445 & the 520).-- Only one AC/DC adaptor is wanted IF it works on both lasers

update news__

Okay-- Gray has seen this and so far approves- there may be some things yet to be worked out BUT-- he tells me just now that the new 4w Blue Pro PL-E with UPS shipping will be around $650 before extras- & I would assume Credit card- bank transfer or Western Onion- so each will have some fees on their end- PP is great IF you do not know your seller- here that is NOT the case- by joining this GB you affirm that you are OVER 18 yrs.. NO SALES to any under 18-- READ the LPF TOS- you are required to be 18 ..to do everything that goes on at this forum-- prices quoted are with shipping ONLY to CONUS (UPS) other need to contact Gray for your ship cost.

so its great news on the price
and look at the pic below- the front has been upgraded to make the BE a perfect fit--

here is direct quote:

"Regarding the BE, we've upgraded the PL-E Pro crown/attack head and made it much more tight to fit 10X BE. It avoids the risk of stripping the threads on the aperture now. "
so thats good news indeed. ways other than good threads are not so hot-

for those new to BEs
this optic makes the beam fatter at exit and thus extends the 'sweet' spot farther away so like to say they 'burn' from farther away- the divergence is improved so it does 'expand' the beam - to do al that-- IMO these are best for 445 diodes- C-mounts- by improving all.. on a tight beam laser like 405 BEs are not so needed..

$650 MIGHT include one extra item - that Gray will announce- could be the second battery tube to change the look or maybe a AC/DC converter- but otherwise $650 -
check how much the price bumps at any Pro PL-E listing at Jetlasers.org last time i did that the holsters this size were 0nly $10 more you should find the BE prices there as well-- Last time i checked IIRC the wallwarts were ~20$ -- -- This POST( #32 )will serve as the OP - check it and look for new posts that send you back to it-- I am copypasta some to the first post with a list but from now on post 32

************* scroll to post #s 41 and 42-new info added and a lower price has been offered!! WOOT!!

Attachments

• new crown PL-E PRO.jpg
    new crown PL-E PRO.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 142
Last edited: