Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

confirmed PL-E pro GB

"Is the price for the 1W 520 close to the 4W 445?"

IDK at this time - if the diodes cost ~$200 more that should give you an idea ...

doesn't O-ilke get ~$800 for their 'stick of butter laser'

at least it will not roll off the table

Attachments

• 13889108631 OLIKE 520 1W.jpg
    13889108631 OLIKE 520 1W.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
you can start a new thread if it is easier, won't hurt my feelings, I'm happy just knowing I spurred this. BTW everyone, I also emailed grey telling him they should do a model using the oclaro HL63193MG, which he also thinks is a good idea. I should hope so, more power and likely better divergence than the mitsubishis. mitsubishi 638s will probably start to loose market share in projectors to this new diode if they don't clean up that diodes divergence. it's on my wish list, though I probably will not be getting it in a PL-E pro.

I suppose I can live with a single BE, and I will take 1 holster. I still do not have even enough for one unit, let alone two. if they are done seperately that could work. or I may just have to choose one of them and not get the other. Maybe if I don't have the money I can ask grey to make one and hold onto it until I have the dough. maybe he will accept silver, I have plenty of that to afford these

not sure of the time line -- they are watching us for a sign that getting 10 or 20 diodes will be both enough and NOT be so many that yhey are not sold if and when the diode prices drop OR a new kid on the block- a 2w 520 or whatever-

so - two have been built both made 4W- they bought two only sample diodes-

they hope to keep the price way below $700- --

it could be a while until JL picks a place to buy the 520 diodes- and they may again get a few- do a build to see how it goes-.. how long-- only a guess.

but for sure the 445 4W GB - looks to be moving now-
and its great that the tailcap problem is no more and the BE now is attached in a better way-- Thanks to those who told us the threads were too shallow= less than a full turn?? not good we said- thats is fived-
Threaded BEs are the only way to fly.

I may move this list once we get close to the target--

I know Gray really appreciates the faith and loyality you guys have with JL -

hk

Feeler list (copy the list then paste AFTER adding your name to THIS thread-

ProPL-E 445nm ~ 4W by Jetlasers - FEELER-

1) Shakenawake-- black host, BE, AC adapter, holster. NO batteries, NO charger, NO safety glasses
2)IWIRE--black host-- add JL BE.. ?holster?-- IIRC the holster can adjust to hold the laser WITH the BE
also in maybe for the BE , holster and ac/dc converter MAY ask for HIGHER CURRENT THAN WHAT THE OTHERS WILL GET. ( & UNDERSTANDS THE RISKS)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

ProPL-E 520 nm ~ 1W by Jetlasers - FEELER-

1)
2)Raiden Gekkou
3) The Cube-- (may need to wait until Aug..
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Other options:

Shakenawake-& IWIRE BOTH (may) want second battery tube to change look OR if possible to use TWO batteries for longer run time til recharge (0n BOTH the 445 & the 520).-- Only one AC/DC adaptor is wanted IF it works on both lasers

I've decided I want to put the 520nm diode in my DominatoR husk, so only the 445nm PL-E 4W for me, as cool as the 520 would be

I could be interested on the 520 but only if the price is really good. Not going to put myself on the list bfore we have at least a rough idea :p

As for the 450nm, I don't think it makes sense to run this new diode at only 4W. It's divergence is *way* worse than the older 9mm diode and those can be run safely at around 3W. 33% of power is hardly worth 2x the divergence IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for starting this thread!
So far, 4W 445nm PL-E Pro series is available - 600$, shipping cost not included.
We might push the power a bit up - i will update here.

Regarding the PL-E Pro 520nm 1W green laser, we are sourcing the diode and will add it into this GB asap.

The estimated GB price of might be around 800$.

BTW, we upgraded the PL-E Pro housing a bit, mainly in the crown - it avoids getting the fragile threads being stripped or damaged over the frequent use. Here is a pic of the new crown. The aperture thread is much strengthened now.
PL-E-PRO-JETLASERS.jpg

Thanks Shakenawake, hakzaw1, IWIRE and everyone!:yh::beer:

Last edited:

IWIRE

Cool ! Push it till you don't feel comfortable pushing it anymore. Then when you get tired of playing with it :) Sell it to me ! You know how to get in touch with me :) Hopefully I'll get the one I'm building fired up today. Jetlasers beats me again ! They have already tested theirs. I'm still building mine. :crackup:

You are very welcome Gray--
Nice to see you lowered the price some--

.. and that you trust the forums to make this new laser available so soon---

I like the improvements a lot- I think the forum would like to see some pics of the laser dot with the BE attached and without (with pic taken through lens of eyeware)--I know they would like to hear the two divergence Mrads we can expect to see--

I know we will have these questions..

How soon will these be ready to deliver and must we wait for more to pay before shipping begins.?

What battery or batteries can we use?

Will there be an AC/DC converter that can be used? (how much$$)

Will the holster be big enough to hold the laser with the BE attached?

Prices on:

holster ($10usd correct?)

ac/dc adaptor

BE

Shipping cost UPS to USA?

( & will adding extras like the AC/DC adaptor make the shipping more?)

Payment methods JL would like us to use.?

an idea of how soon these can be ordered?

any LPM graphs we can see now??

Proof of age??

Time Length of warranty?

and recommended duty/rest cycle.

Is a second battery tube included FREE so we can change the look?

If not how much for a second one?

OR even better can we use TWO 18650s or 26650s?

Black OR silver metallic host choice... correct?

can you give divergance both w/ and w/o BE?
pics???

Length of warranty?

__please allow me to chime HERE on on payment methods--

IMHO>>>
Paypal is a MUST when you do not KNOW the seller--

Paypal has recently made changes that allow a scammers to steal from the sellers--...

To date HUNDREDS of JETLASERS lasers have been gotten by forum members-- it should be now felt that Gray & JL can be trusted-- IMHO those that INSIST on PP are being unreasonable-- and I would be very leery when a new members comes to our forum and demands the use of PP &/or refuses to prove they are over 18..

Bank Transfers are not hard to do-- you print out the transfer info and just hand it to your teller- when all the paper work is done they will ask you to sign--DO NOT sign until you have CAREFULLY checked EVERYTHING as a simple typo can make the transfer 'bounce' back and cost you a second bank transfer fee to get it right--(been there and done that) USA banks charge between 30$ and 45$-- this fee CANNOT come form JLs end and they too will be paying THEIR own bank a fee--

another option is Western Union-- known to be a bad choice IF you do NOT know who you are sending $$ to.(here that is NOT the case)

so know and accept all this or DO NOT order-- first time JL buyers may be asked to take & send a pic of thier photo ID showing name-address and d.o.b.-- ( I suggest you cover your ID 'number' - we need to see name, addy and age DO NOT post this pic at LPF-- )-- you can send it to me or Gray--

some shippers insist upon a phone number-- so include it with your payment/order...

If you live in a Country where we cannot ship YOU will need to have a 'USA friend' handle the shipping to you from HIS USA location. This is really the best way...

When you are given the tracking number be sure to follow your package and have some one home to sign for it-- we cannot be responsible for any lost packages left at your door-- a safe option is to contact your loacl shipper office and ask for your package to be held so you can sign and pick up in person. A photo ID & track number will be needed to do this--

I *highly* suggest that if your see obvious damage to the outer package that you OPEN it ONLY in the presence of an employee of the shipper--
and take pics as you do this --Jl is NOT responsible for damage done by the shipper!!

ATM JL cannot add batteries to your order-- so get them on your own--IMO cheap batts and chargers should NOT be used- as there is a fire risk with these....

LASTLY-- do not even think about owning these lasers UNLESS you ALREADY own *good* quality eye ware designed to block THESE wavelengths--

JL can sell them BUT as they are fragile I personally suggest you buy them from a member-- AND never use these lasers at night near ANY airports or aircraft-- it does NOT matter that you were actually NOT lasing the aircraft-- IF the pilot can see the laser(at all) it may get reported as a 'sighting incident' BUT if you aim at the aircraft this becomes a different level of sighting (much more serious) and you will be at risk from a Federal Offense charge-- possible 10 years Federal prison (NO early release for 'good behavior' you MUST serve EVERY day afaik) and a fine of 10,000$ ( this is for INTENTIONAL direct lasing of ANY aircraft)
doing something this stupid can ruin your life!! Losing your laser will be the LEAST of your worries...

One offender was just sentenced to 14 years!

also----- with this much power it is VERY important that at ALL TIMES your beams will be safely terminated--
the use of a proper beam blocker needs to be in place ( i use a brick-- placed behind my LPM sensor)

BE sure ALSO to 'widen' your focus as at these powers you can damage your LPM sensor if the beam is focused-- this is SOP for all LPMs AFAIK--

thanks--Len

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
While I can understand Atomicrox's point, I was unlucky with 3W with the old diodes, killed two. divergence does not bother me, as this will be my burning laser, I'll pick up an osram single mode when I feel like a nice 450nm beam, though obviously there is a large power difference. 4W is plenty for me, especially if it means a longer duty cycle. my old DominatoR could ignite wood, which is enough power for me. the BE also allow you to make focal points farther away for longer distace burning do they not? I'm sold. so happy to hear it'll be closer to $600 than $800. still hoping I don't have to part with any silver when the time comes to pay. maybe I'll try and sell my 638 mitsubishi build to raise some of the funds

Yes you are correct if a BE is doing its job correctly the sweet spot and thus the 'burn' can be done from a greater distance--

You will however need to make sue the laser is not moving-- as the farther away one is the greater any movement will have on the dot and it ability to burn things- a tripod is good for doing long distance burns--
AND FOR THOSE NEW TO THIS-
.. A black (or dark colored) or 'sharpied' ballon pops quicker than a white one AND for a neat trick you can pop a dark ballon this is INSIDE a 'clear' one (like a condom) first- (if done right)

with a 4+ W this may not work--

Last edited:
I was gonna say, 4W focal points incinerate crap, white or no. I bet you could pop a clear balloon too

this will probably be my favorite handheld. what a joke the 2W wicked laser model is compared to this. get an expander with it, and you have spent more or the same as we will have.

Usually companies that produce stuff piss me off. look up Planned obsolescence. basically, stuff made to break with little or no care for the customer. Jetlasers is exactly the opposite, the model of integrity. this is why I pass grey ideas from time to time, try to let him know when new diodes come out that would be better for them so they don't slip behind, and can stay in the lead, the place they deserve. I've recommended at least 4 new diodes to grey, it seems all four will end up in a JL product. (one already is) We've exchanged at least 30 emails, I don't go out of my way to help jerk-off companies.

Last edited:
Len, I don't want to start a discussion in your own thread but I have to say IMHO you're making this unecessarily complicated, specially for non-US members. I might be interested on a 520nm (price pending) but I'm certainly out under your conditions.

Almost every forum seller or GB organizer takes PP and ships anywhere in the world. Most of them cover damaged lasers on warranty (including any necessary shipping) as long as it wasn't the user's fault. Hell, even DX and FastTech do that.

International money orders are expensive and a major pain in the ass outside the US. That plus paying double shipping (to the US and then to whatever country) will most likely kill any benefit from a GB.

Since Grey is a member here I really think the best way to go for internationals is to pay him directly by PP (the GB price plus shipping) and have him ship the laser directly. It's not like shipping from China to the US is any easier/cheaper than shipping from China to anywhere else.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember how I paid Jetlasers last time, could've sworn it was PP.

I am fine with paying grey directly, even doing it as a pp gift.

I think hak was saying it would only go to the U.S. and then to a different country if that country is one whose agents are likely to take a package originating from JL, they may be less likely to snag one from the U.S.

I do think, the simpler, the better

PP gifts aren't available in a few countries, including mine. I wouldn't mind that if they were.

Strangely our customs are *far* more likely to tax something if it comes from the US. I guess they just assume everything from China is cheap :p