Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Compiled list of Tutorials

For the love of Chuck, STICKY this.

sticky%20this.jpg

http://stickythis.com/stickiedzor :D

Something I'd like to see is an in-depth TUT. on how to use the pre-made "DUMMY LOADS" & if you can set your DMM to mA's if it has that setting instead of mV's, & where is the BEST place to put the decimal point on the DMM. Like should it be 00.00, or 0.000, or 000.0 ?

Can I submit a tutorial?  ;D

I have one for building an easy ~0.5W 808nm laser pen!
I never posted it though.

Edit: I just posted it...

Hey guys, this is my second spirograph, using a radioshack project box, i think dimensions are 2.5'' in height and width and 5.5'' in length. not positive i threw out the package. but it fits in my hand!
as far as wiring goes..
i have one switch and one pot for each motor, same with batteries, its easier and i think more pattern designs when you can control one motor at a time.
the negative from the battery to the motor are together and just sitting not connected to anything else. the positive battery goes to the first lead on the switch. the other lead from the switch has a wire that goes to the pot. the positive from the motor goes to any other open lead on the pot. very simple.
Please note: i havent made something to mount the laser in, i just made a small hole just to show you the pics. kinda a work in progress. but everything else is done.
it took me about 4 hours to build (Nonstop) and its very lightweight!~. im very pleased with the results. please leave your feedback.

PM me if your interested in buying

Attachments

• IMG_0047_005.JPG
    IMG_0047_005.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 321
tony70516 said:
Hey guys, this is my second spirograph, using a radioshack project box, i think dimensions are 2.5'' in height and width and 5.5'' in length. not positive i threw out the package. but it fits in my hand!
as far as wiring goes..
i have one switch and one pot for each motor, same with batteries, its easier and i think more pattern designs when you can control one motor at a time.
the negative from the battery to the motor are together and just sitting not connected to anything else. the positive battery goes to the first lead on the switch. the other lead from the switch has a wire that goes to the pot. the positive from the motor goes to any other open lead on the pot. very simple.  
Please note: i havent made something to mount the laser in, i just made a small hole just to show you the pics. kinda a work in progress. but everything else is done.  
it took me about 4 hours to build (Nonstop) and its very lightweight!~. im very pleased with the results. please leave your feedback.

[highlight]PM me if your interested in buying[/highlight]

Hey tony70516....
                             you are on the wrong thread... :mad:

You want to sell something.... go to the B/S/T section...

Have you read the tittle of this thread.... :-/

"Lasers » Tutorials, Help & Repairs »  ( Re: Compiled list of Tutorials )"

You've been registered for 210 days.... and you still have no clue... :-? :-? :-? :-?
Get with it......

Jerry

Added some more. What do you guys think about removing pictures, or making them smaller so it is easier to navigate??

Let me know

jayrob

Probably just make them all the same size...

I like to use a lot of pictures in my threads and stuff, and I have found that 640 X 470 seems to be the perfect size for not having to scroll up or down with pictures. But possibly that's just my computer/screen size...
Jay

P.S. Great thread! Keep it growing. :)

I might make them like 400x300 sort of size at the weekenk, so people with slower internet can use the thread

A couple links I've found useful:

List of IR diode types and pinouts, with threshold currents:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1238120462/64#64

Bluray glass lens mod (increases power):
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1237515270

Only 'side button' build that uses a currently available host/heatsink:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1238352464/0

Thanks go to jayrob for the last 2 links, and to MarioMaster for link #1

Hope this helps!
Edit: more to add

How to extract LPC-815 diodes (the most common red burner diode sleds) - believe it or not, none of the stickys seem to link this yet! - took me annoyingly long to find
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1230604295/ - posted by Stianbl

Apparently, you can extract optics and diodes from the 6X sled in almost the same way as the 4X, so the earlier 4X tutorial can be used here too. (I haven't tried this yet, but will soon)

Does this happen to anyone else. All the links just take me to the LPF home page therefore being useless?

it does for me too...

maybe when the forum changed software the URLs changed...

That would be great... You have some very interesting and informative
links if they worked on the new LPF....

Jerry