Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Community Focus Knob - Group Buy - 2 packs left

rhd

Re: Community Focus Knob - Group Buy - COLLECTING PAYMENTS!

How do you take payment ?

Steviedezie is collecting payments. Paypal only (presumably).

first off, we want to take a list of people who want it and how many. just post in this thread how many peices you will be interested in and we will list you. Once 150 peices have been reserved I can start taking payments. right now the minimum quantity purchased is 5pcs.

Good idea - so everyone indicates their desired quantity first, then when we hit 150 payments start getting submitted?

Last edited:

correct, because at 150 peices, that should would be $750 and that would be enough to place the order with emachineshop. then its a 24 days lead time for it to be finished, so in that time, the last 50 pieces can be ordered and that money is for the shipping cost.

Yes i only take paypal since it makes shipping it easier because i print shipping labels through paypal.

Machro

Can I also only buy two because I do not need that many :D

since it is a large number, I would prefer that people buy at least 5. The original plan was to take orders of 10 minimal. But i figured I would be nice and take the time to do orders of 5 as well...you have to remember that out of 200 peices, divided by 5. thats 40 packages to print and ship. Which is a pain in the ass you know? 25-30 packages was my original estimate, some getting 5pcs, some getting 10pcs, and a few buying 20pcs. it all averages out.

when you get into the 2-3-4 range it becomes a calculation mayhem...too much number crunching on the calculator. increments of 5 or 10 is easier for me to manage.

besides, if you buy 5, just keep it for your future lasers. I mean, you are gonna get more lasers in the future right?

@ jakeGT, its ok if you need time, just let us know how many you want and we will list you. I wont actually take any money until we have 150 peices reserved...

@bhwollen, ok so are down for 20...thats good we should be 1/3 of the way to placing the order.

Last edited:

Machro

Well , my budget is very limited and I need to keep on the other money I need for my build.
I only finished a little phr-803t build and there won't be many builds since I will earn my own money :D
And that is the reason why I can't go with 30$ for 5 though this a damn great price.

tell me about man...trust me most of us here on the forum hold jobs...though right now im a part time mechanic and freelance IT tech...so i know all the troubles of a limited budget...well you have about a month if you can gather funds...i mean 1 months pay should leave you enough room for $30 right? lets put it this way, if you cant make the payment for the first 150 peices then after i place the order with the shop, you have 24 days to pay while its being made, right when I recieve the focus adapters i will ship out next day so that leaves you with plenty of time to manage your money. I hope that helps you decide on this GB!!

rhd

I'm going to veto 2pc orders also. That makes an endeavor like this undoable from a practical perspective.

For $30, you can always keep some for later, or if you find someone else who wants just a couple, you could presumably go in on an order together and mail between the two of you. (as long as you organize that on your own. one payment to stevie, one shipping address for the package)

But no, I think 5pcs for $30 is the lowest participation per person (largest potential number of packages to ship) that would be fair to Stevie. Sorry.

jakeGT

Im in for ten, if the money isnt due for a few weeks.

alrighty... so far 50pcs have been spoken for. thats 1/3 of the require amount to actually place the order.

so me, rhd, and jake got 10, and ben's got 20...thats awesome for the first day this thing got running.

and Machro I hope my explaination helps you decide. just think about it as this GB progesses. Time is on your side.

EDIT: haha 420 posts!!!! woohoo!

Last edited:

Machro

Ok, i will think about it.
I'm gonna tell you when I get my next class test back :D

Helios

If you only want 2 buy 5 and then sell 3 individually. Im sure once they are made people who werent in on the group buy will want some of them especially since he group buy would then be over and they cant get them any other way.

By the end of this I may be in for a lot more. Unknown exactly how many more.

Steve... Give me a call when you get a chance.

I'll stick my toe in the water and commit to a 5-pack. :)

Ed

PM sent to steviedezie.
Please put me on the list for a 5 pack:beer::beer:

Drew

I'll take 5

I'll take 10. Just give me payment instructions.