Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI PGL-III-C-589 Issues

It has been a long time since I have visited this site. I have been busy with school/graduating/finding a job/life. I finally have taken the time to post again. So my issue is I have a PGL-III-C 589nm from CNI, I was turning the safety shutter on the top and it twisted the whole front of the laser. I believe it came loose or something. Now I cannot tighten it back into its original place (the laser creates a blob on the wall) and CNI cannot repair it because they said they will not ship high powered lasers to the US anymore. I will post pictures to better demonstrate what I am talking about in the next few days. Does anyone know anyways to fix this or do I now find myself in a big money pit at this point?

:thanks:

Yikes, that dosen't sound fun.

Go ahead and post the pictures as it will help us better understand the situation. I know ultimatekaiser is pretty good when it comes to CNI's lasers so he may the go-to guy to get it fixed ;)

-Alex

When it's only a shutter problem, (hopefully) then it's a easy fix...

There are little screws around the head of the unit on the top, to tighten the shutter.
But there's a little mechanic action going on inside that shutter head, so it's crucial to place the parts right inside it before tighten it down to the host again.

But yeah, that's one theory, some picture's might be handy indeed.

Here are some pictures. You can see how the head of the laser has threaded forward. I also have some pictures to show how the "beam" looks now when projected on the wall.
NKizzjj.jpg

8WyJFfv.jpg

DdZY8TD.jpg

f0p2Fwt.jpg

Last edited:
Hum....

I would send it to ultimatekaiser, he's the one who would most likely be able to get it fixed up for you. Those yellow's are pretty expensive and it would be silly to wreck it for something as silly as a misplaced shutter.

Just my $0.02 :)

-Alex

Yeah, not sure what exactly happened. I love the laser and I felt horrible for the next few days after that happened.

Yeah usually you don't want to separate those there. Ew. I can fix that pretty easy if you like. DO NOT attempt to screw it further either way , lest you rip the module and driver apart at the contacts or break the switch!

Pman

Don't think about it anymore and send it to Ult.
I can understand the thread posting thing for sure. After I got burned a couple times when Cold was doing maintenance and I lost big new thread posts or reviews I started posting a part and then another part etc.. so I wouldn't lose much.