Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI Laser 150mW

A fellow Phoenix dweller! This is the season to be in phx, in a month or so it'll be hot and miserable :p
Anyway, I am about to graduate HS/start college so $ is tight. So I cant do any unnecessary spending... But, as just about everyone on this forum would agree, buying lasers is absolutely necessary! So I'm thinking of going with Rayfoss because i talked to FAONA...? on ebay about a year ago and then heard about her on this site, and she seems trustworthy and helpful.
CNI is for after I make it big out of college ;)

yeah boy! lol I'm a freshman in high school :)

you know you could buy ray foss now and have it break in your freshman year or you could spend the extra and get the cni series and have it out last your college days ...... little bit more money up front is a lot less money down the road

you know you could buy ray foss now and have it break in your freshman year or you could spend the extra and get the cni series and have it out last your college days ...... little bit more money up front is a lot less money down the road

Haha nicely put, however, didnt you state that you have no experience with rayfoss? As I hear, the lasers are pretty much reliable (mind you, not the most AMAZING) why do you say it is going to break? and do you think its not even worth it to buy one if I cant afford the CNI?
:thinking:

Haha nicely put, however, didnt you state that you have no experience with rayfoss? As I hear, the lasers are pretty much reliable (mind you, not the most AMAZING) why do you say it is going to break? and do you think its not even worth it to buy one if I cant afford the CNI?
:thinking:

I have one CNI, I'm after another CNI

What color and power output are you looking at? if you have the money, more power to you :)
I think i will get the rayfoss one, just because if it works i'll be happy if it breaks i will learn, and I will let you know so you can say "i told you so"
I just want to one-up my friend at school, he has a 100mw green :p after i show him who's boss, I can start saving for those CNI dream-lasers

The build quality of CNI is far superior. A CNI laser is to a Rayfoss what a Lexus is to a Toyota.

lexus is toyota
infinity is nissan
accura is honda ect ect ect

no disrespect electro your far more advanced in electronics
I'm just a mechanic lol

Last edited:
lexus is toyota
infinity is nissan
accura is honda ect ect ect

no disrespect electro your far more advanced in electronics
I'm just a mechanic lol

this guy has a point

cni is like comparing ford to ..... well better not start this with another mec in the room : )

but really i have no experience with rayfoss but my alpha 125 was handed down to 3 people and i lost track of it after that
i now have a 2nd hand x 125 .... so as you can see their pretty reliable

but your right i have no experience with ray..

I have a 5 year old 125mW CNI pen and it runs as good as the day I got it.

Just my $0.02 :D

lol Have you never heard the phrase "Just my two cents"? He's just adding his experience to the conversation.

I think if I remember right it was $445 from wicked lasers, right after they stopped selling pot modded leadlights and started selling CNI. I could be wrong though, it was up there in price.

Kevlar

I purchased a premium 150mw from Optotronics for just under $200. The thing is very high quality! I couldn't be happier. I've also seen some veterans in this forum say nice things about them too. Here is the link Optotronics Product Details

I purchased a premium 150mw from Optotronics for just under $200. The thing is very high quality! I couldn't be happier. I've also seen some veterans in this forum say nice things about them too. Here is the link Optotronics Product Details

Again the cni will be of higher quality then the newwish type module that opto sells.... the only difference I believe is that opto specs the lasers before send them out and puts them through some test to make sure they don’t fail on their customer in the first week of owning it.
Though this is all speculation as I owned the 50mw pens when I got my rpl it was a free throw in while they were 60mw each they were the exact same as newwish pens.

So if you want quality in a pen go for cni
If you want quality in a hand held go for opto/viasho/cni group buy in that order : )
If you want cheap pen go with rayfoss

Kevlar

yeah, opto specs them b4. mine was 155mw. I like the cnis with the heatsinks. Thats the only thing I wish mine had. CNI is definitely is top of the list but that being said I don't regret my buy at all. If you can get the 150mw from cni for $240, go for it!! :yh: