Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GLP-561 - New Wavelength - *PRICE UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was searching around online and stumbled upon a website called handylaser.com, a CNI laser distributor. When I got to the green section I found this..

by%252520default%2525201.png

Link: green yellow laser pointer at 561nm, green laser pointer pen

*UPDATE*

I have since contacted and received a price from CNI..​

1x <5mW GLP-561nm $650

RHD and Aryntha just purchased 556nm Portables from CNI.. You can see this beautiful wavelength here: 556nm CNI Portable

Last edited:

Re: CNI GLP-561 - New Wavelength Available?

If I'm not mistaken, 561nm is a bit closer to peak visibility for the human eye than 532nm (a tad closer). The color sounds interesting, too.

I think I will look at that site.

(EDIT) They don't have prices openly posted for most of their products. What prices they DO have posted seem to be along with lines of LaserGlow prices.

The 561nm laser definitely looks interesting.

Last edited:

If I'm not mistaken, 561nm is a bit closer to peak visibility for the human eye than 532nm (a tad closer). The color sounds interesting, too.

I think I will look at that site.

(EDIT) They don't have prices openly posted for most of their products. What prices they DO have posted seem to be along with lines of LaserGlow prices.

The 561nm laser definitely looks interesting.

Yes very close. Only 6nm difference

Burnsy

Yeah it's the same Wavelenghts as Aryntha has in his Review that Xtrm2Rick posted.

But to the human eye peak sensitivity... take a look at the following site here page 281/282:

http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/~schubert/Light-Emitting-Diodes-dot-org/Sample-Chapter.pdf

You can see there that 555nm is the sensititity peak during daylight and at nighttime (scotopic vision) the peak falls down to 507nm (page 281).

So you see the good old 532nm DPSS as we know are already a perfect balance from day to night :D

Last edited:

i think that the visability isnt the most interesting thing about these, since they are low powered.
the color on the other hand wil be the buy factor for most poeple i gues, and i got a feeling that these are only for the people here with a nice big wallet:p

o wel time will tell certainly is verry interesting! 515nm and 561nm handhelds coming :D

Trevor

I just called them and talked to someone. Apparently they don't yet have a price, but he told me to send him an email and he'd get back to me.

I asked for pricing on 1, 5, and 10 units - perhaps this would be GB material. :)

-Trevor

Burnsy

o wel time will tell certainly is verry interesting! 515nm and 561nm handhelds coming :D

Where do you see the 515nm incoming? :thinking:

Anyway if I could choose the 515nm would be my fav to go since I love the color cyan.
I just ordered a DL 473nm and if a 515 would be available I'd jump on that :)

Trevor

Where do you see the 515nm incoming? :thinking:

Anyway if I could choose the 515nm would be my fav to go since I love the color cyan.
I just ordered a DL 473nm and if a 515 would be available I'd jump on that :)

A CNI reseller recently came on offering preorders for 515nm pointers. We suspect that the source of these diodes will be pico projectors.

However, we're not sure if the reseller actually had word from CNI or merely had a strong suspicion that the diodes would show up this summer.

Also, 515nm is not cyan at all. :undecided:

-Trevor

Burnsy

Also, 515nm is not cyan at all. :undecided:

-Trevor

Yeah true cyan is more from 485 to 505nm :(

But anyway the good thing is that it's a diode, so we could expect lower prices like what happened with 445nm diodes.

They were also 500$ at first and dropped then fast when the projector came on the market :)

Fenzir

Last edited:

Good stuff Trevor, keep us posted! BTW Did you ask if these were DPSS?
I have got no response from either handy or Ava yet..

-Greg

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's in the fat CR2 host :(

Last edited:

Trevor

It is indeed DPSS. I'll play around with Excel and figure out what wavelengths are in play. :)

-Trevor

You can see there that 555nm is the sensititity peak during daylight and at nighttime (scotopic vision) the peak falls down to 507nm (page 281).

So you see the good old 532nm DPSS as we know are already a perfect balance from day to night :D

(just being picky, and theoretical, ain't no big deal, I might be wrong)...

IF in a LOW LIGHT environment maybe the eye shifts to a sensitivity closer to 507nm... for LOW-LIGHT AMBIENTLY illuminated objects...

... BUT the LASER BEAM is an "illuminated object" (in this context)... so MAYBE mesopic or maybe even photopic vision still applies, depending on the brightness of the beam, and the delay in visual adaptation between "modes".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.