Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cni gb

re: CNI GB

Also, the QC process is entirely different between the Aires and the PGL (this has been discussed in other threads in the past) - LG is probably the worlds most exacting reseller, and the specs of the PGL (ACTUAL, not claimed on a data sheet) are definitely not up to the LG Aires standard.

LG's standards are definitely very exacting, but having experienced this groupbuy already, I'm not sold on CNI products straight from CNI being inferior to LG products that LG has tested. I say this only because scopeguy has the relationship with CNI and they only send the best units to us. LG gets a large shipment, applies their standards, and then bins their lasers into the power ranges and prices, so you get exactly what you pay for.

However, with all the buys from CNI so far, they have picked and send units above and beyond the bin ordered. For instance, my 473 in my sig, I paid for a 5mW and got what would've been a 15mW version had LG sold it. Same with the 593.5: I paid for a <2mW and it meters as a 3-4mW. If just ordering randomly from CNI on your own, sure, I can see how you may get something inferior to what you get from LG and all their tests. But when CNI is sending us hand-chosen units, the best available at shipping, we're getting better. Scopeguy can confirm this, but from my observations, every laser received so far in these CNI buys (save one malfuncitoning laser, probably damaged in shipping) has been above and beyond the specifications ordered.

You can't get a hercules through CNI, kids (sorry to say) - that's a proprietary LG product, period (from what I understand).

Also, the QC process is entirely different between the Aires and the PGL (this has been discussed in other threads in the past) - LG is probably the worlds most exacting reseller, and the specs of the PGL (ACTUAL, not claimed on a data sheet) are definitely not up to the LG Aires standard.

As to the beam expanders, etc - I couldn't say.

There are 2 places in the world to get a Hercules - LaserGlow and on the used market if you are insanely lucky.

No I talked to CNI and they will sell the Hercules. Distributors are at the mercy of the manufacturer, There are too few manufacturers and many distributors.

Edit: Yes every laser I've read coming through the group buy has been amazing. The one that was faulty WAS repaired and as you can see from Ohada's review is amazing. 500mw! 900 dollars!

Lol Lazorman CNI doesn't sell RPL's Viasho does. Glenn Was thinking of doing a Viasho Order in the future.

140 150 dollars? aroun 400 dollars for a PGL III A if thats what you want and not a pen.

You could get most likely a 100mw one for 95 dollars ( I think thats what happened last time)

You could get most likely a 100mw one for 95 dollars ( I think thats what happened last time)

yea that'd me awsome ill send payment soon *dont have the money now*

Ask Scope guy first for Prices I am not the one who knows (CNI is shy)

For 140 I don't exactly know what you could get, the reason I said most likely is because CNI has sent Glenn overpowerd overspec lasers. the 50mw was a 100mw. SO maybe a 100mw would be 150 or more

edit: Judging from this I am guessing maybe Laserglow requested CNI to alter Their lasers, so CNI might make a slightly different Laser. Manufacturers get requests for certain designs all the time.

More Power!
Due to overwhelming demand for high power Hercules Lasers, we have replaced the pump diode with a 2.5W unit and improved the efficiency of the KTP crystal. The result is that the world's most powerful portable laser is now available in sustained output power levels beyond 400mW!

Edit #2: I guess that guy was right, Laserglow and CNI have a special deal going on and they won't sell the herc. Here's hoping they release a different model of their own design

Last edited:

Thanks for your posts all of my friends here. Ohada, I can do the diffraction gratings now at a special $36 and shipped free with any other item, they add near no weight. I believe the price is still the same on the RG laser, I will search for it. The beam expander is about $110 shipped, (not fancy shipping), The color is indeed near the look of 585 nm I hear. I am hopeful to place the order very soon, but it could be that a fifth order will follow as well, but it works best to combine as many units as possible.

On a complete different subject, (well nearly), I am talking to Viasho, again, and I do think they want in on the Gb market, so if some folks are thinking RPL's, I want to work together and see if we can get a good size GB going with them. For those of you who didn't know already, I have a great blue Viasho 5 mW rated, but output is way above that, and the divergence, top notch too! Thanks Again people! -Glenn

Last edited:

From the way CNI acted towards me and the fact they won't sell their higher class lasers I am leaning towards Viasho.

I'm sure they're interested in High volume orders. Anyways everyone says RPL's are better. Anyone interested

AndyM

Well then do we still have enough people to do this group buy? I sure hope so!

Well then do we still have enough people to do this group buy? I sure hope so!

I, and others, like CNI for their pen lasers, which is something I don't believe Viasho has available (unless I am missing something big here?). I can imagine a future where CNI orders are placed for pen lasers and some other things, while Viasho orders are placed for RPL-type lasers. Not as frequently when separate orders are being placed, but I'm sure orders will still happen from CNI.

AndyM

Alright then that's good. I just sent my payment for my 50mw laser and keyswitch! I sure hope this group buy happens. :) Can you make sure they pick out great lasers like they did last time?

I sure will! you all can bet on it! btw, I will add to the order several items in a day or two, so keep on getting in on this if you want that CNI item folks! -Glenn

Ughhh My stupid Kiddie credit card is maxed right now (1,000 dollar limit, and I used that because a friend gave me a few hundred dollars so I charged a few hundred to send him through paypal)

I might have to sit this one out even though I was so excited and I'm making 500 dollars next paycheck, UGHH. Anyways Glenn I just bought a 3 Watt IR laser with a 500mw red so you can see where you are pointing. Interested?

Ughhh My stupid Kiddie credit card is maxed right now (1,000 dollar limit, and I used that because a friend gave me a few hundred dollars so I charged a few hundred to send him through paypal)

I might have to sit this one out even though I was so excited and I'm making 500 dollars next paycheck, UGHH. Anyways Glenn I just bought a 3 Watt IR laser with a 500mw red so you can see where you are pointing. Interested?

DJ, I can always let you borrow money But it will take 3 days to go from Bank Account -> PayPal