Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GB Round 2: READ FIRST POST

What Laser(if any) can you commit to purchasing?

• Total voters

IsaacT

AFAIK CNI has never had a US shipment seized. I have never heard of it happening, at any rate.

DJNY

AFAIK CNI has never had a US shipment seized. I have never heard of it happening, at any rate.

Me neither!

They know what they´re doing with including the <1mW stickers and the delay, key switch features just in case custom opens the package.

Id think CNI is pretty safe sending it to the US.

Even though I'm not part of the GB whatsoever, I'd feel safe with styropyro.

Ugh, I need to come up with a way to make money so I can buy more stuff. There are three things I'm just drooling over to buy... The market I usually use to make my money suddenly jumped off the face of the earth so its a tough time for me :(

gismo

I'd vote for styropyro:). Since I bought off him before and all eventually went fine, I can't see any obstacles with taking over by him, if he's OK with it. Especially as he mentioned he'd label the package the way it stays invisible to customs (since I'm an international:D).

Have to say, this is some dynamically evolving GB so far: bloompyle-wannaburnstuff-styropyro(?).

Fingers crossed it works alright in the end:shhh:.

Last edited:
I sent a message to wannaburnstuff this morning to transfer the the info he has so far over to me. Once he gets time to do that it looks like I'll be taking over!

I'll start another thread when that happens so I'll have the ability to post updates at the start of the thread.

Let's get this GB rolling again!

IsaacT

Got your PM and I will start fprwarding everything once I am at my computer tonight! Thanks again

hoo7h

Sorry to jump on the thread but i have a small question, since the green lasers of CNI are not focusable, does that mean they will have a high divergence and a wider beam ?

I can't speak for green itself but every laser I have from CNI has low divergence. (561, 589, 593.5)

the 532's should have a thin beam. My 589 and 593.5nm both have thin beams-- but my 561nm has a thicker beam. Probably because 561nm is difficult to produce.

Last edited:
For international buyers, I will fill out customs forms exactly as requested.

As for previous CNI group buys, I don't think it has been an issue to ship them all to the US. As far as I know CNI likes to throw <5mW stickers on them...and that seems to do the trick. Plus they have all the interlocks and whatnot. Plus CNI shipping individually is going to hike the prices considerable because CNI charges outrages shipping costs for single orders IIRC.

Either way, this is looking like something I'll be able to do. I obviously need to look into it more and I'll have time to go over stuff this weekend.

Sounds great, thanks!

As for individual shipping, I personally think it will increase the risks. If he is sending them out from the US (which almost never has trouble with CNI) there is zero risk for US participants and international ones can lower their risks by specifying what to fill on the customs forms.

OTOH I doubt CNI will fill them individually, which (at least in my case) is very likely to cause trouble.

hoo7h

I can't speak for green itself but every laser I have from CNI has low divergence. (561, 589, 593.5)

the 532's should have a thin beam. My 589 and 593.5nm both have thin beams-- but my 561nm has a thicker beam. Probably because 561nm is difficult to produce.

Well I mean if its not focusable it wont burn from a distance right ?, not that I am buying it for burning lol but who doesnt love to have his laser very focused.

Well I mean if its not focusable it wont burn from a distance right ?, not that I am buying it for burning lol but who doesnt love to have his laser very focused.

Depends on the power and target object...

DB8088

I know that no one knows me and that I'm new to this whole thing...I hope I can change that and make some friends. If I spoke out of turn, I apologize. I was pretty excited about my first GB and getting this laser...I look forward to styropyro taking over and really appreciate the time and effort hes going to put into this. Thanks, styro!

Hey DB8088,
You will make friends here! I know when I first got involved with the forum I was also very excited. I remember my first GB I participated in. One thing I can tell you is to be patient. I know I was very antsy when my 405nm 500mw didn't ship right away. this is the fourth one I have been in and you just have to go with the flow. We are all very lucky Styro is taking over. We al owe him many thanks.

DB8088

Thanks, Bruce! In hindsight , I came on too strong, but I was eager to get involved with the group and also get such a great deal on a laser! I look forward to making friends and learning from so many experts! I used to think I knew something about lasers, but after reading the posts of so many masters, I'm freaking humbled! Thanks everyone and especially styropyro!